Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My Hurricane Wedding  (Read 4321 times)

Re: My Hurricane Wedding
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2011, 03:33:39 PM »
Hey JessF, its September 30th, did you get married on the 29th? Congratulations if you did!
I also had the huge, blow out wedding and divorced a year and half later, you are soooo right, been there, done that and it didn't make a bit of difference towards a good marriage,  now that I have found the love of my life, we have decided to elope also,  because we really want it to be just about the two of us and our commitment to each other.

And Smashley, I love it, fat and happy, that's  how I want to be after I marry my love! :D

• Absolutely crazy. :)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2011, 04:08:42 PM »
Hey JessF, its September 30th, did you get married on the 29th? Congratulations if you did!
I also had the huge, blow out wedding and divorced a year and half later, you are soooo right, been there, done that and it didn't make a bit of difference towards a good marriage,  now that I have found the love of my life, we have decided to elope also,  because we really want it to be just about the two of us and our commitment to each other.

And Smashley, I love it, fat and happy, that's  how I want to be after I marry my love! :D

I'm getting married this September, on the 29th.  So about 30 days to go.  :)
"Once in awhile, in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale."
Met Online: 6 November 2010
Married <3: 29 September 2011
Overnighted docs: 18 October 2011
Visa issued!: 20 October 2011
Moved to the UK: 3 December 2011
ILR granted: 18 November 2013
UK Citizenship: 8 April 2015

• Heart...Captured
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2011, 04:24:22 PM »
Sorry to hear things didn't work out the way you had originally planned Sscarllet.  You definitely have the right to be bitter about Mother Nature but in trying to focus on the positives, you were lucky to have such supportive people work things out while you got in some pampering!  I think a lot of people go on to regret their "perfect" weddings, whether they stay together or not ("We should have saved that money for a down payment on this house"). 

Also...pictures??

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2011, 05:19:13 PM »
Oh my gosh, how stupid am I JessF! Am here at work and we have next months calendar up already, I have been thinking it's September all week because of it! Well think of it as pre-congratulations anyway haha!

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2011, 05:41:53 PM »
No pictures yet, I'm hoping that by Monday, when DF leaves, that we will have something. 

• Liked: 1
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2011, 05:43:35 PM »
You have every right to be put out. You are entitled to a good whine, but hopefully you'll better about it soon. If not, I would definitely look into doing a vow renewal down the line.

• Makeup Guru & Anglophile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2011, 03:59:33 AM »
I still think that I'm in a bit of shock.  DH picked out the cake and everything so that I could do some bridal pampering.  My married friends all said that they couldn't see their husbands doing that at all.  I am so loved and I love him so much.  I know that it will be us vs. bad weather for the rest of our lives, and that we will always come out on top. 

You have the right attitude and outlook girl! Given all you guys had to deal with last minute I would say you both handled it beautifuly and what's more you're married to the man of your dreams! As my sister says "There's always sunshine behind the clouds" Congrats again and hoping things get nothing but better for you ;D
Met at 2012 London Olympics| Engagement 4-25-13| Married 7-30-13| Hired immigration lawyer 9-13 (waste of time)| Applied for Spousal Visa online 12-27-13| Biometrics completed 1-2-14| Spousal & dependent visas submitted 1-10-14| Application is being processed email 1-13-14| Decision has been made email 1-21-14| Received approved visas 1-24-14| Arrived in London 3-9-14 YAY!!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab