Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Department 56 Replacement Lights?  (Read 1107 times)

• Liked: 0
Department 56 Replacement Lights?
« on: September 04, 2011, 10:55:42 PM »
I am not a DP 56 junky, but my dad is and so I get a new house every Christmas. Some of my houses have already moved to London, and the rest will make their way over time.

I am wondering what to do about the set up. I am sure I could just put these on a plug converter, and they'd work, but it doesn't seem the safest option. Moreover, I have a couple with motors (a turning water wheel, spinning ghosts inside of Scrooge's house), and I would be really nervous about plugging those in.

So far, I haven't been able to find a DP 56 store in London (which is crazy, because who doesn't love Christmas gardens?), but ideally I would like to replace the lights that go inside with something UK made, and I'd really love to replace the plugs for the ones with motors.

Anyway, does anyone have any advice? Aside from giving up the goofy tradition which will never happen? I am really looking forward to finding a place to squeeze in a Christmas display in the tiny London flat, and then inviting all of our friends over to make fun of me!
Sometimes I amaze even myself.

Re: Department 56 Replacement Lights?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 08:02:10 AM »
The big displays are semi-popular near my in-laws, but they live in the middle of nowhere and everyone has like at least 7 acres.

I have seen a few Christmas shops that sell these sorts of things, but they have all been at farm shop type places, which means needing a car.

Last year I saw one (closer to Christmas) here: http://www.burwashmanor.net/

Re: Department 56 Replacement Lights?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 02:24:24 PM »
Thanks bookgrl! Cambridge isn't too far. I think the way I will figure out what to do is to find some displays early on, and find out how those are set up.

We have plans to go to Winchester and will be there when the Christmas Markets are open - hopefully that will yield some results too.
Sometimes I amaze even myself.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab