Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Places that wash and fold clothes (not dry cleaning)  (Read 840 times)

• Relio
  • Liked: 0
Places that wash and fold clothes (not dry cleaning)
« on: September 08, 2004, 01:25:12 PM »
In the US there are places you can bring your clothes and they will machine wash it and fold it nicely while hot, so it doesnt need to be iron.

We pay it by the pound (clothes weight)

Are there sutch services in the Uk as well ? .. Maytag has put a restriction order on me, I am not to be allowed 50 feet near a washing machine ..  ;D

Null
"Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the mechanics are German, the lovers are Italian and it's all organized by the Swiss.  Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it's all organized by the Italians."

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
Re: Places that wash and fold clothes (not dry cleaning)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 01:28:07 PM »
Yep.  Most of the laundrettes will wash, dry, fold and even iron your stuff.  Haven't used them myself so I don't know about prices but I see them advertised all over the place.  You should be safe!

(By the way, I'll make you a good offer for that restriction order!)  :)

• Relio
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 02:32:02 PM »
(By the way, I'll make you a good offer for that restriction order!)  :)

I been married twice .. and twice I been ORDERED to drop the clothes and STAY AWAY from the washer by the spouse.

I have the "shrinking" gift .. clothes go in size 10, come out size 4 ,,, and it does NOT help to tell the wife that maybe they just .. gained weight .. instead ?

True Story  ;D

Null
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 02:34:12 PM by NullMind »
"Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the mechanics are German, the lovers are Italian and it's all organized by the Swiss.  Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it's all organized by the Italians."

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 02:45:38 PM »

I been married twice .. and twice I been ORDERED to drop the clothes and STAY AWAY from the washer by the spouse.

I have the "shrinking" gift .. clothes go in size 10, come out size 4 ,,, and it does NOT help to tell the wife that maybe they just .. gained weight .. instead ?

True Story  ;D

Null
I've "ordered" my hubs to stay AWAY from the washer.  When I first arrived we had to have a little sit down chit chat about separating the clothes BEFORE they go into the washer -- no more RED t-shirts with the WHITE towels. [smiley=oops.gif]

• Relio
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 04:18:21 PM »

I've "ordered" my hubs to stay AWAY from the washer.  When I first arrived we had to have a little sit down chit chat about separating the clothes BEFORE they go into the washer -- no more RED t-shirts with the WHITE towels. [smiley=oops.gif]

Yep .. done that too

• Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 04:39:27 PM »
Yes Null, as Wishstar says most launderettes here offer this service, they usually call it a "service wash" - I am not sure of the prices but I don't think it's very expensive. So no worries about turning your whites pink or shrinking everything!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab