Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: London looters trash every store on street... except for a Waterstone's  (Read 924 times)

• Liked: 1
During the London riots, looters didn't bother ransacking the Waterstone's outlet in Clapham....

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/get-london-reading/article-23988531-the-shop-that-no-rioter-wanted-to-loot-because-it-sells-books.do

I don't applaud the looters and I'd never join them. But to be honest, if I had, my flat would be floor to ceiling books right now.

• Liked: 0
Re: London looters trash every store on street... except for a Waterstone's
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 09:00:28 PM »
Well, books don't have a very high selling value on Amazon/eBay.  ;)

While it is sad to see this as a reflection of youth not being interested in books, it was a massive relief to learn that no book shops were hit - they're all struggling enough as it is. The again, my job relies on book sales, so I'm a bit biased.
I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.' Kurt Vonnegut

• Sonnet for Profit
  • Liked: 0
Re: London looters trash every store on street... except for a Waterstone's
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 06:02:23 AM »
Wow, I agree with OP...though the rioters made me ill, if I was forced to riot that would probably be the shop I'd hit...that and Topshop ;) I like Primark too, but there's no point in stealing from them bc everything is a pound anyway!

I remember seeing a photo of a rioter with his loot...and on top of the stacks were some mango body butters from the Body Shop. I was like, "really?"
In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important.

Sponsored Links