Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Advisory: New maintenance rules for spouses  (Read 10853 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Advisory: New maintenance rules for spouses
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 08:42:33 PM »
I think it means you get some money from your parents, or where ever, and then you leave it in an account for the three months you need the bank account info for making it look like you have more money than you really do. 

• Patience is a virtue I do not have.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 08:46:26 PM »
I hope this is cleared up and defined more soon. We aren't filing until July '12 but still.. we only have a year and 8 months we will need to back track on bank statements and payslips so we are going to start this process NOW since we are getting married in two weeks and get all we can and hope it's enough when we do file.
Met Online: Jan 2010
Became a Couple: Feb 2010
Met in person: June 2010
Engaged: June 2010
Hubby's 2nd trip to the US: Oct 2010
Failed trip due to accident: Feb 2011
Married: 15th of October, 2011
Applying for Visa: Sept/Aug 2012

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 08:54:30 PM »
Does this affect people applying for ilr?
ILR: Feb 27, 2012
Mailed off citizenship application via solicitor: Feb 29, 2016
Application received by Home Office: March 1, 2016
Payment taken: March 10, 2016

Letter of acknowledgement: March 9, 2016
Letter requesting biometrics: March 9, 2016
Biometrics completed: March 15, 2016
Letter of approval: April 5, 2016
Invitation to citizenship ceremony: dated April 8, 2016 but received April 21, 2016
Ceremony booked for:

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 09:10:41 PM »
When they say "that there are enough funds present in the account to support a dependent partner and any dependent children" do they mean the money PHYSICALLY has to be in that account, untouched, or just show that at the time of a paycheck deposit and after council tax and mortage it's there?

• Banned

• Dont sleep, come and see MEE-HEE!
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 09:21:09 PM »
Guys I'm not "certain" by any means, but I'm pretty sure all that "covering the length of your relationship" means is that you cant submit evidence from before you were married. So all evidence "must" cover that period, but you dont "need to show" evidence covering your whole marriage? Thats what I take from it. My wife and I have been together for 9 years(married for 4 and a half). Common sense dictates we have not saved all of that stuff for so long.

Showing you have what you need for your probationary period is enough I'm sure. I might be wrong as always err on the side of caution. But I wouldn't worry about this too much. Think about it if this were really the case, most people would never get their spouse visa.
Visa Timeline: Been together 9 years, and my visa took a long A#@ time!

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 09:22:30 PM »
I guess it depends when they define the start of your relationship.. is it when you became a couple or when you got married.

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 09:26:38 PM »
I am applying for my ILR in Feb 2011, does anyone know how these changes are going to affect the ILR? Or is it just the standard proof? O.o would they really want 2 years worth of bank statements, why do they always have to complicate and confuse things >.<

• Liked: 6
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 10:45:43 PM »
It's ridiculous to ask for bank statements (or any financial documents used) for the length of the entire relationship.  I can understand if you've been married for a short period of time before applying such as a year or so, but DH and I have been married for nearly 8 years and even switched banks during that time.  There is NO way we've kept statements that long and there's certainly no way of getting statements from back then, either.  What is someone supposed to do at that point?  What about those who have been married for 15, 20 years or more before they are applying?  Are they serious?! 

What would having that many statements prove anyway?  It would just bog down the whole visa application with needless paper for them to look at.  Do they really think that's a good use of their time?

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 11:25:38 PM »
The FLR and ILR forms still list 3 months worth of bank statements, even though this webpage was changed weeks ago. Think we might be seeing a lack of clarity rather than a policy change?

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 05:27:55 AM »
Where the did the third party support stuff go?

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 05:40:26 AM »
Where the did the third party support stuff go?

Not sure, but I feel like the new website is deliberately vague.  For example, for accommodation, it just says "evidence of your accommodation".  There used to be a nice checklist of supporting documents, but it looks like they took that down. 

Perhaps this goes along with the new residence requirements for the KOL test as another underhand way of making it harder to immigrate, without actually changing the rules.

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 06:31:33 AM »
My goodness, I hope you're right...

Sorry if this post was off topic a little, but the following quote about Maintenance made me worry...

You and/or your partner must demonstrate that you and/or they can cover your living expenses in the UK for:
27 months, if you are applying from outside the UK; or
2 years, if you are already in the UK and applying to switch from a different immigration category.
This is called your 'probationary period'.

Here's a link to a judgement made in reference to the allowance of third party support for maintenance and accommodation in 2009 which I think would still be valid if they indeed have not changed the rules:

http://www.supremecourt.gov.uk/docs/uksc_2009_0095_judgment.pdf

If the rules haven't been changed and they are just making it vague, then this judgement might be really helpful. I skimmed it quickly and it pretty much sounded like what I can remember reading of the Maintenance and Accommodation page which used to be listed.

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 06:42:38 AM »

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 07:52:26 AM »
My goodness, I hope you're right...

Sorry if this post was off topic a little, but the following quote about Maintenance made me worry...

Here's a link to a judgement made in reference to the allowance of third party support for maintenance and accommodation in 2009 which I think would still be valid if they indeed have not changed the rules:

http://www.supremecourt.gov.uk/docs/uksc_2009_0095_judgment.pdf

If the rules haven't been changed and they are just making it vague, then this judgement might be really helpful. I skimmed it quickly and it pretty much sounded like what I can remember reading of the Maintenance and Accommodation page which used to be listed.

This worried me because I hope they don't expect couples to have the weekly pound times 27 months at the time they apply!

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 09:41:58 PM »
What bank would write a letter that confirms this?

"that there are enough funds present in the account to support a dependent partner and any dependent children"

There is not a bank in the world that would make such a statement.  I can see more public funds being wasted when someone sues the home office again because DG and his colleagues don't appear to thinking things through fully.

Sponsored Links