Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: London doesn't equal England!  (Read 7988 times)

Re: London doesn't equal England!
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2013, 05:11:30 PM »

Nessie keeps us safe from Londoners  ;D

:D

I would love to visit a few of those Scottish Lochs, and Edinburgh, I've only done flying work visits to Scotland which is a shame, so pretty, so much history.

Once I finally get my act together and pass my driving test, I will rectify this :)

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2013, 05:31:49 PM »
My mother has to be the worst for this. It's always "Oh my daughter is living in London..". I feel like I'm constantly saying where i live to her but she doesn't get it. My fiancée is always asking if my family and friends realize that London isn't a country lol. Is it because everywhere in England isn't really all that far from London? I mean a long drive to me ins across the USA not a few hours south haha.

- Gina :)

• Liked: 387
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2013, 09:01:58 PM »
Nessie keeps us safe from Londoners  ;D

Not this Londoner!

DH keeps saying that he'll surprise me one day with a holiday to find Nessie!

I'm totally a Nessie believer.  :D

• Liked: 2
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2013, 02:02:00 AM »
She certainly will when they start the drive from Heathrow!

I know right?! She gets back in a couple days - I can't wait to see what she thought of London.  ::)

• Liked: 9
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2013, 01:37:14 PM »
Totally off topic, yet somehow related... We had a fill in come in during a busy time at work, a couple months ago. During casual chit chat, it came up that I had lived in England for three years and have been back almost a year but miss it. She exclaimed, "You've been to London, Paris?! I've always wanted to go to London, Paris!". Um.. uh.. I had no idea what to say to her.
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2013, 11:44:48 PM »
Totally off topic, yet somehow related... We had a fill in come in during a busy time at work, a couple months ago. During casual chit chat, it came up that I had lived in England for three years and have been back almost a year but miss it. She exclaimed, "You've been to London, Paris?! I've always wanted to go to London, Paris!". Um.. uh.. I had no idea what to say to her.

[smiley=dizzy2.gif]
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Makeup Guru & Anglophile
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2013, 12:11:21 AM »
I started this post 2 years ago when the intention was to move to the North, now that I'm actually moving to London I guess people won't be wrong when they say/ask me about it   :D Although, I still stand by my word when I say that Americans need to get a bit more familiar with the globe.  ;) lol
Met at 2012 London Olympics| Engagement 4-25-13| Married 7-30-13| Hired immigration lawyer 9-13 (waste of time)| Applied for Spousal Visa online 12-27-13| Biometrics completed 1-2-14| Spousal & dependent visas submitted 1-10-14| Application is being processed email 1-13-14| Decision has been made email 1-21-14| Received approved visas 1-24-14| Arrived in London 3-9-14 YAY!!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab