Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FAQ Tip: Beat the Rush  (Read 2955 times)

FAQ Tip: Beat the Rush
« on: October 13, 2011, 09:42:23 PM »
Given the way things are looking, we can expect changes to be announced about about the 12th of March (or sometime near that).  Perhaps earlier, but most likely not.

We are not talking little crap nitpick changes here.  We're talking *serious* changes. 

What can history tell us about events like this?  Well, for one thing about everybody in the *world* with a connection to the UK will try to apply before the changes activate.  Plus appeal any adverse decisions. 

Plus the Olympics.   :D

In short, UKBA will be swamped.

And we all know what that means for people in UKY.  It means your flipping out phase will last longer because of delays.  Normally, the flipping out phase is about a week or two, but that's during times of predictable volumes.

So if you have the chance, get your app in early.  I'm not advising to rush your marriage or to marry somebody you're not sure about yet; but if you KNOW you're going to apply, then consider avoiding the rush.

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
Re: FAQ Tip: Beat the Rush
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 09:58:38 PM »
The 12th of March??. That's not much notice for major changes!
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 10:58:20 PM »
The 12th of March??. That's not much notice for major changes!

Presumably, it's better than the Ides of March?  ;D

OK.  It's the statutory interval from the 2nd of April and admittedly a very rough guess. 

I would expect them to make the window as small as possible, hence my choice of the statutory interval.  But HEY, for all I know they might start announcing new stuff next week.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 01:19:20 AM »
Based on past experiences, do you think that only applications need to be submitted in full before April or would one have to be physically in the UK before April to have the current existing rules apply?  I'm just wondering when we should plan to move countries (applying for ILE in Feb/March).  I asked this in another thread, but it was long, so I think it may have been missed as no speculative answer was given.  (And I know it's only speculation/opinion right now until the changes are officially announced.)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 01:52:10 AM »
I would assume if you applied before the changes and were approved on the old rules you would have a valid visa... Has to change sometime, and there would be no way to pull back all visas and require them to conform to the new rules. The only change that might be possible for existing visas would be if the ILR was pushed back to 5 years. Even if you had thought you could apply after 2 years might be forced to renew for the other 3........
10/1/2009 Met Online playing Evony.
9/2/2010 First met in Texas
9/4/2010 I proposed and she said YES!!
12/20/2010 First time in the UK Christmas!!
7/1/2011 Second visit of my UK Bride to be!
10/12/2011 Doc's sent priority
10/14/2011 Visa Approved!
11/7/2011 Flight to UK!
1/20/2012 FLR Granted!
9/16/2012 UK Driving test Passed!
30/12/2013 ILR Granted!

• Liked: 6
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 02:27:38 AM »
I'm thinking that it would be difficult to require people to be physically in the country before the changes fully take effect, but you never know.  Since I won't be applying to a basic spousal visa and they are looking to remove ILE as an option, I wanted to get people's thoughts.  I'm hoping to apply for ILE by March, then make our move sometime around June 2012.

• Banned

• Dont sleep, come and see MEE-HEE!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 10:01:50 AM »
This is wishful thinking for me, because I have already been depressive and negative about it and I need some hope! But I think that if they have any sense of reason, people with two year probationary visas issued before the new rules officially take place will have the two probationary years honored! Think of all the paperwork, legal and human rights issues, accustations of corruption etc they will face if they dont grandfather those. In spite of what people have been saying on here, from what I've seen everytime they have brought new rules into place they have applied based on applications recieved after a certain date.

However K beaumont, this is of course wishful thinking. As we all know about the wonderful UK, government is across the boards. Every new regime contradicts each other. Laws are changed back and forth this way and that, new ideas are tried all the time. You may notice that no matter what though, the British public in general are not idiots and they know when they are being swindled. They are very criticle of their government and political leaders and have more power than even some of themselves might believe.

I think we will end up being ok :)
Visa Timeline: Been together 9 years, and my visa took a long A#@ time!

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 05:25:02 PM »
Somewhat related to this topic so worth tacking on here...

People planning on using the family route next year should be stockpiling their proof of a one year relationship.

I'm not saying that particular proposal will carry.  But I'm saying if it *DOES* carry you would be a jerk not to have the evidence ready for front-loading if you were advised 6 months ahead of time that you might need it.

And if you are reading this, you were advised 6 months ahead of time. :D

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 06:20:11 PM »
Somewhat related to this topic so worth tacking on here...

People planning on using the family route next year should be stockpiling their proof of a one year relationship.

I'm not saying that particular proposal will carry.  But I'm saying if it *DOES* carry you would be a jerk not to have the evidence ready for front-loading if you were advised 6 months ahead of time that you might need it.

And if you are reading this, you were advised 6 months ahead of time. :D

What sort of proof would you recommend? Boarding passes? Pictures? Phone records? I almost never call my BF, we communicated online via various instant messaging clients and skype and you've stated before that screenshots are maybe not the best proof of communication. Ugh, this is such a terrible requirement.

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 08:25:14 PM »
I don't know the answer. 

Like they say in the Tar Heel State: "...it's all 'ccordin..."

I didn't advise on what to save, I just wrote to start saving stuff for the event that the one-year proposal carries. 

Sorry for being wooley; I know you and others would like something more prescriptive and concrete.

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 09:24:23 PM »
I don't know the answer. 

Like they say in the Tar Heel State: "...it's all 'ccordin..."

I didn't advise on what to save, I just wrote to start saving stuff for the event that the one-year proposal carries. 

Sorry for being wooley; I know you and others would like something more prescriptive and concrete.

Heh, it sounds like it's time to be sending more actual cards back and forth, snail mail style (along with their envelopes and postmarks...) The UKBA seems to be in favor of supporting the mail system. And maybe trying to find my boarding passes. *sigh*

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 12:07:08 AM »
Because I've been lurking here for years and have read about proving the relationship for visa applications, I've saved anything and everything and will continue to do so.

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 02:17:33 AM »
What sort of proof would you recommend? Boarding passes? Pictures? Phone records? I almost never call my BF, we communicated online via various instant messaging clients and skype and you've stated before that screenshots are maybe not the best proof of communication. Ugh, this is such a terrible requirement.

If it makes you feel any better, I just took stock of all the various ways I could prove my relationship with the BF has been going on for at least a year and this is what I have...

- Flight itineraries/boarding passes from all trips to UK (March 2010, March 2011, July 2011)

- BF’s flight itineraries/boarding pass (Aug 2010, Nov 2011 assuming he still plans on coming  :P)

- Cell phone bills showing text messages to and from his number (April 29, 2010-Present) we don’t call much either and when I have, it’s been with a calling card which doesn’t show up as anything to the UK or his number on my bill.

- Letter from BF (July 2011).

- Amazon gift receipts from BF with his name and address (Jan. 2009, Dec. 2009, Dec. 2010).

- Adium Chat Log (September 2010-Present)

- Emails (2009-Present)

- Facebook contact (April 2008-Present)

I'm not necessarily saying I would use all of that. Just that it's what I have in my possession.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 03:50:11 PM »
Am trying transpondia honestly lol.  We will definitely be applying before march though x ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab