Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Can I sell a Blackberry which is being used on a contract  (Read 1376 times)

• Liked: 0
Can I sell a Blackberry which is being used on a contract
« on: November 13, 2011, 12:33:41 AM »
We are moving back to the US, and need to sell our Blackberry. My husband got it when he signed a 24mo contract with O2 (we still have 18mo left on it). Let me ask a stupid question, if we sell the phone on ebay or gumtree, we aren't selling the contract along with it are we? We just want to sell the phone, and we'll work on paying on the contract and eventually cancelling it once we move back to the US.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I'm only used to selling phones that are contract free.

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
Re: Can I sell a Blackberry which is being used on a contract
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 05:31:44 AM »
It is fine to sell...just don't include the sim card in with it. It is the sim card that is tied to the contract.

• I miss people no matter where I live
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 09:37:32 AM »
On ebay, you can even try to sell over your contract. I've seen it being done. Basically the seller puts the phone up for like £20-30 but make the buyer switch with them on the contract and have that person responsible for paying it from then on.
Met DH to be: 2004
Visited back and forth:2005-2008
Student visa: September 2008
Married: September 2009
Flr(m): July 2011
Finished my bachelors: May 2012
Finished MSc: august 2013
ILR approved: September 2013
Citizenship approval: August 2015
Passport received: November 2015
Citizenship journey is complete!

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 02:33:31 PM »
On ebay, you can even try to sell over your contract. I've seen it being done. Basically the seller puts the phone up for like £20-30 but make the buyer switch with them on the contract and have that person responsible for paying it from then on.

Hmmm...interesting. How would that work if we are in Glasgow, and the person that buys the contract is in London? Do you have to physically meet in person and go into an O2 shop to set up the changeover?

• I miss people no matter where I live
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 04:47:26 PM »
Hmmm...interesting. How would that work if we are in Glasgow, and the person that buys the contract is in London? Do you have to physically meet in person and go into an O2 shop to set up the changeover?

I would imagine it's safest to meet. So maybe you have to state in your listing that you want locals only for a collection? Or maybe you can ask O2? I'm sure they can do it over the phone or through the post although I'm almost certain that there will be some sort of paper work for them to sign. Just make sure you don't part with your phone before they've signed over else you might never see it again!
Met DH to be: 2004
Visited back and forth:2005-2008
Student visa: September 2008
Married: September 2009
Flr(m): July 2011
Finished my bachelors: May 2012
Finished MSc: august 2013
ILR approved: September 2013
Citizenship approval: August 2015
Passport received: November 2015
Citizenship journey is complete!

Sponsored Links