Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Advisory: Family Income  (Read 7263 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: Advisory: Family Income
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 08:14:23 PM »
Caution.  What are you intending to convey here?

Are you suggesting that those of Anglo root stock should enjoy elevation over other British citizens?
Yes, I agree, sorry but my advice is that I would leave that whole middle sentence out. The rest of the paragraph is fine, to me at least.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 09:38:19 PM »
Ok though it wasn't my intention to convey that I can understand how it comes across that way will delete that bit. 

Love pads x

Thanks for the suggestions x

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 07:04:16 PM »
Jan 2003 - Met Nagoya, Japan :)
Oct 2004 - I moved back to the UK. He stayed.
Dec 25th 2004 - We were engaged!!!
July 2nd 2005 - Married CofE
July 15th 2005 - I said goodbye to him at Houston.
Dec 18th - 2005 DH comes to UK to see 2 week old daughter!
Oct 17th 2006 I finally arrive in the US with baby.
July 6th 2011 ... I fly back home with kids he is staying 1 year in Texas :(
March 9th 2012: He flew over and got a job (flew back)
MARCH 22nd 2012 VISA Application in
June 12th 2012: Entered UK under Old rules!

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2011, 01:29:40 PM »
Got a reply back fromDamien Green MP, Minister of Immigration.

Mrs X is concerned about the proposal to set a minimum income for those seeking ti sponsor the application of their spouse or partner to join them in the UK will disadvantage British Citizens who are married to non-European Economic Area (EEA) nationals.

We are clear that British Citizens and those settled here are able to marry or enter into a civil partnership with whom they choose. However, family migrants, must have access to enough money to support themselves, without their UK resident spouse or partner needing help from public funds, and to enable them to participate in everyday life in a way that facilitates integration.

On 13 July the Govt. launched a consultation on family migration. The consultation contained proposals for reforms to the Immigration Rules relating to spouses and partners. Proposals included the introduction of a minimum income threshold for sponsors of spouses and partners, to bring greater clarity to maintenece requirements and to ensure that family migrants are supported at a reasonable level that ensures they do not become reliant on the taxpayer.

The Govt. asked the MAC for advice on a new minimum income threshold for sponsorship under the family migration route. The MAC report was published on the 16/11/11 and the Govt. will take account of it's advice when developing policy on the proposal.

The family migration consultation closed on 16/10/11 and the responses are currently being analysed. All comments and view received during the consultation process will also be taken into account in decising what changes will be made to the Immigration Rules relating to family members.

Mrs. X mentioned that the proposals would not affect those married to a citizen of a EU country. The rights of EU citizens and their family members to work and live in other EU countries, and to be accompanied by their third country national me,bers are set out in a legislation known as the Free Movement Directive, by which all EU Member States are bound.

EU citizens' free movement rights are not unlimited. Those who wish to live in the UK for longer than three months must be excercising a Treaty right as a worker, a self-employed person, a self-sufficient person or a student. Where EU citizens do no meet one of these requirements, they will not have a right to reside in the UK and my be liable to removal.

The Free Movement Directive does not cover the rights of EU citizens living in their country of nationality, so it does not apply to British nationals living in the UK. However, as all Member States are bound by the directive, British Citizens excercising a Treaty right elsewhere in the EU have the same right to be accompanied by their family members as those from other Member States have while they are living in the UK.

Yours,

Damian Green MP

Would love to read your opinions about the above!

• Pajama Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2011, 01:39:13 PM »
My interpretation? Complete and total regurgitation of recent rhetoric and events without actually addressing your (or anyone's) concerns, with the added bonus of stating the obvious with the Free Movement thing. Looks like a letter he probably sends to everyone who asks about it.

Between the lines, I read something akin to "It doesn't really matter if you are a British Citizen that may not have much money. Tough luck, kid".
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2011, 01:54:32 PM »
My interpretation? Complete and total regurgitation of recent rhetoric and events without actually addressing your (or anyone's) concerns, with the added bonus of stating the obvious with the Free Movement thing. Looks like a letter he probably sends to everyone who asks about it.

Between the lines, I read something akin to "It doesn't really matter if you are a British Citizen that may not have much money. Tough luck, kid".

I have to agree. I was expecting as much though. But it never hurts to have our opinion told to them. Lord only knows where I will find a job between £18k-£25k in the Early Childhood Sector of which I have not been apart of the last 6 years due to being home with the children, in Wales.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 02:00:45 PM by Welsh Girl »

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2011, 08:24:32 PM »
I think to be honest he or they have just fobbed you off with the standard crap.

HeThey haven't taken the slightest bit of notice of what you or your mp has said.

LOve pads x

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2011, 08:32:04 PM »
I think to be honest he or they have just fobbed you off with the standard crap.

No, it wasn't just 'he or they', it was the UK Immigration Minister.   ::)  It's valuable text.  I have asked her to scan and send it so it can be analyzed. 

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2011, 11:23:22 AM »
OK  it just seems they haven't addressed the question she asked.

Love pads x

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2011, 09:34:51 AM »
It seems like the sort of generic response that would have been written by a junior minister and given to Damian Green to sign, but at least they're reading and responding.

Interesting that they'll only "take into account" MAC's advice, and their line is still that they want people not to be using public funds - maybe an indication that they'll look at the £18,600 total, which is the point at which working tax credits stop. Still think they'll run into legal trouble even with that, though, especially if they try to implement it for in-country applicants - in-country people already win appeals when refused under the current maintenance rules, based on the fact that it's disproportionate state interference to separate them. Legally I can't imagine them getting by with £25k at all, given that that's above even average wage in most regions of the UK.

Also, aren't they running out of time a bit to get this done before the Christmas recess? MPs go on holiday on 20th December. Looks like it'll have to be the New Year?

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2011, 10:03:59 AM »
I was thinking that myself they are running out of time.

Love padsx ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab