Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Indefinite Leave to Remain Visa  (Read 2916 times)

• Liked: 0
Indefinite Leave to Remain Visa
« on: April 16, 2003, 10:45:19 PM »
Hello everyone who reads this one:)

I've been in the UK for just over one year now(am married to a british chap:) and I'm soon approaching the time when I have to send away for my Indefinite Leave to Remain Visa.
Has anyone had to apply for this yet? Did it cost anything and how long before your one year visa expired did you apply for the new one?  If I'm making any sense to you, please let me know:)

I gotta say I love this forum.  What a great idea!

Take care

Kitty

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain Visa
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2003, 09:51:49 AM »
Hello everyone who reads this one:)

I've been in the UK for just over one year now(am married to a british chap:) and I'm soon approaching the time when I have to send away for my Indefinite Leave to Remain Visa.
Has anyone had to apply for this yet? Did it cost anything and how long before your one year visa expired did you apply for the new one?  If I'm making any sense to you, please let me know:)

I gotta say I love this forum.  What a great idea!

Take care

Kitty

Hi Kitty!

I've done the Idefinite Leave to Remain thing already.  I did it like 2 weeks before my visa expired and I just went and did it in person at Croydon.  It's my understanding that if you're going to send off for it that you should do so no sooner than 5 weeks before your visa expires.  And no, it didn't cost anything for it.

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 06:23:58 PM »
Hi Elle.  My spousal visa is up in July.  What exactly do I need to do?  I came across the application on the site for the government, but it expires in May.  One thing that I do remember is needing like 8 different pieces of paper with either my name or me and hubby's name on them.  Unfortunately we've only been able to come up with 6 :-/  Will this cause a problem?  And what happened when you went down to Croyden (which is what I'm wanting to do!)?

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2003, 06:48:21 PM »
Hello Elle thanks for responding,

Had another quick question.  Were you able to get this visa taken care of the same day when you went to Croydon or did they have to send it back to you in the post, if so how long did it take to process?

Regards,

Kitty

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2003, 01:04:34 AM »
Hi Elle.  My spousal visa is up in July.  What exactly do I need to do?  I came across the application on the site for the government, but it expires in May.  One thing that I do remember is needing like 8 different pieces of paper with either my name or me and hubby's name on them.  Unfortunately we've only been able to come up with 6 :-/  Will this cause a problem?  And what happened when you went down to Croyden (which is what I'm wanting to do!)?

Callaluna,

I downloaded the forms needed from the Home Office website.  You can find them here: http://194.203.40.90/default.asp?pageID=114  Be sure to download Form Set M.  I found it pretty simple, actually.  I printed them out and just followed along with the instructions.  We had all the documents they wanted except they wanted stuff like utility bills or rent agreements or something "official" that had both our names on it to show we live at the same address.  The problem with that is that we live with my in laws so no bills or anything like that in joint names and we have separate bank accounts, so nothing like that either.  In the end we only had one thing with both names on it to give and we just had to say to look at the bank statements we provided as they both had the same address on it.  In the end they took it.

As for Croydon, if you scroll through the messages on this particular board you will find my post titled "My Croydon Experience" or something to that effect and it will be about January 4th this year I think.  

Best of luck!

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2003, 01:06:03 AM »
Hello Elle thanks for responding,

Had another quick question.  Were you able to get this visa taken care of the same day when you went to Croydon or did they have to send it back to you in the post, if so how long did it take to process?

Regards,

Kitty

Yep, got it back that same day.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab