Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ALERT: An inspection of the UK Border Agency Visa Section in New York  (Read 7418 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: ALERT: An inspection of the UK Border Agency Visa Section in New York
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 10:52:43 PM »
After my lawyers review that submitted our appeal in London to the UK side, he was astonished at the language used. Not only that but my wife clearly made more than required.  For those that missed the punch in the face I got, I wonder of the inspectors office missed it too.

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 04:12:16 AM »
Just to add to this, we also were forced to go to tribunal where the judge immediately granted approval and said he didn't understand why is was denied in the first place. It seems the NYC office needs some clearer guidelines or better training!

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 11:06:49 AM »
I agree with what it said in the report about them keeping documents,  It seems they did not return any of my daughter in laws important documents to her.  Specifically, her marriage certificate and her daughters birth certificate.  My son now needs these for something else so she has to order new ones.

Surely these are something that should be photocopied and returned to the individual like they do when you apply for passports.

Love pads x

• Patience is a virtue I do not have.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 10:57:41 PM »
I agree with what it said in the report about them keeping documents,  It seems they did not return any of my daughter in laws important documents to her.  Specifically, her marriage certificate and her daughters birth certificate.  My son now needs these for something else so she has to order new ones.

Surely these are something that should be photocopied and returned to the individual like they do when you apply for passports.

Love pads x

Isn't that why you have to send photocopies of all important documents with the visa app?
Met Online: Jan 2010
Became a Couple: Feb 2010
Met in person: June 2010
Engaged: June 2010
Hubby's 2nd trip to the US: Oct 2010
Failed trip due to accident: Feb 2011
Married: 15th of October, 2011
Applying for Visa: Sept/Aug 2012

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 12:09:35 PM »
Isn't that why you have to send photocopies of all important documents with the visa app?

Yes, it is, but photocopies have only been listed in the document requirements for the last few months - until recently, you didn't need to send photocopies and the consulate would just make copies of documents they wanted to keep and then send back the originals.

In my case it didn't matter that I included copies of the documents, they didn't bother sending half the "original" ones back anyway - no idea WHAT they did with them - they won't say.  Thank god my fiance had sent certified copies as originals as they didn't return items such as his house deed, birth certificate, and driver's license back.  All up about 3/4 of our documents were NOT returned.  And they only commented on 1 bank account even though there were account statements for 3 different accounts sent and apparently didn't notice this weekly incoming amounts.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab