Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Facetime on Iphone/Ipod touch  (Read 1624 times)

• I miss people no matter where I live
  • Liked: 0
Facetime on Iphone/Ipod touch
« on: December 21, 2011, 07:17:22 AM »
Hey guys,

Have any of you tried facetime on the iphone/ipod touch? I have an ipod touch now and was thinking of getting DH one for when I go back to the US for a visit so that we can see each other when we chat but also have it be portable. Is it any good? I'm most concerned about the lag more than anything really. I'm aware that the picture quality is kind of crappy on the touch. I haven't really gotten to try it out with anyone for myself so any comments are welcome :).

I'd only be using it around the house but it sure would be nice to be able to walk around and talk. It's harder to do that with a laptop.

Thanks!
Met DH to be: 2004
Visited back and forth:2005-2008
Student visa: September 2008
Married: September 2009
Flr(m): July 2011
Finished my bachelors: May 2012
Finished MSc: august 2013
ILR approved: September 2013
Citizenship approval: August 2015
Passport received: November 2015
Citizenship journey is complete!

• Liked: 2
Re: Facetime on Iphone/Ipod touch
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 01:36:46 PM »
I used it talking to my friends back in the states.. It's very clear- you just need WIFI if I'm not mistaken?  Like using Skype basically. 
We stole countries with the cunning use of flags. Just sail around the world and stick a flag in. "I claim India for Britain!" They're going "You can't claim us, we live here! Five hundred million of us!" "Do you have a flag …? "What? We don't need a flag, this is our home, you bastards" "No flag, No Country, You can't have one! Those are the rules... that I just made up!...and I'm backing it up with this gun, that was lent to me from the National Rifle Association."

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 01:48:43 PM »
I used it talking to my friends back in the states.. It's very clear- you just need WIFI if I'm not mistaken?  Like using Skype basically. 

Thanks! I never really used skype. I remember using other messengers and they lagged so horribly all the time! Hopefully this won't. :)

• Liked: 6
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 02:18:20 PM »
Hubby and I tested it out (granted, we were in the same house at the time) and it seems fine, but yes, it will only work on wifi...even on the iPhone (which is what we have).  Every time I tried to Facetime him when I was only connect by my network provider, it wouldn't work because it wasn't on wifi.

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 02:30:36 PM »
Hubby and I tested it out (granted, we were in the same house at the time) and it seems fine, but yes, it will only work on wifi...even on the iPhone (which is what we have).  Every time I tried to Facetime him when I was only connect by my network provider, it wouldn't work because it wasn't on wifi.

Oooh, I didn't know that about the iphone. Strange, I thought it would work on 3g.

I don't mind it working on just wifi considering I wouldn't want to use it outside of the house anyways. I'm a bit of a shy person and would feel awkward using it where others can see.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 02:35:19 PM »
Oooh, I didn't know that about the iphone. Strange, I thought it would work on 3g.

I don't mind it working on just wifi considering I wouldn't want to use it outside of the house anyways. I'm a bit of a shy person and would feel awkward using it where others can see.

Yea, I was a bit surprised by that, too.  Thinking about it, it may make a bit of sense since you won't be eating a big chuck of your data plan depending on how long you talk on Facetime, so I'm thinking that that is why it's only limited to wifi use. 

I'm not sure if that's how it is for everyone's carrier who has the iPhone, but with Verizon, it's only limited to wifi use.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 07:58:26 PM »
I've done it with an iPod Touch and an iPad and it works pretty well.

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 08:09:28 AM »
I've done it with an iPod Touch and an iPad and it works pretty well.

:D Great!

It's settled then. I'm getting one for DH. Although I wish he could just come with me when I go visit my family instead  :P.

Sponsored Links