Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My dog died and I just found out today  (Read 9508 times)

• I miss people no matter where I live
  • Liked: 0
Re: My dog died and I just found out today
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 02:30:16 PM »

I know it's really hard not knowing all the information, but if this woman ends up being stubborn, and/or FB stalking doesn't work, you won't be able to find out anything anyway.

Good luck!

Yeah you're right. I did facebook stalk and I don't have much information as to where he is now. Apart from the girl saying "I rescued him from a bad home (he was beaten) my bf and I made him better we just rehomed him to a couple, we're still very much in touch with them though he was my baby lol" to a friend of hers. I mean there she goes lying again about him being beaten. He was never hit but that's irrelevant really.

I can't give him a home at the moment but I can send money for vet bills and food and everything.

I'm trying to let it go thanks for the advice equestrianerd.
Met DH to be: 2004
Visited back and forth:2005-2008
Student visa: September 2008
Married: September 2009
Flr(m): July 2011
Finished my bachelors: May 2012
Finished MSc: august 2013
ILR approved: September 2013
Citizenship approval: August 2015
Passport received: November 2015
Citizenship journey is complete!

• British by descent
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 03:03:12 PM »
Apart from the girl saying "I rescued him from a bad home (he was beaten) my bf and I made him better we just rehomed him to a couple, we're still very much in touch with them though he was my baby lol" to a friend of hers. I mean there she goes lying again about him being beaten. He was never hit but that's irrelevant really.

Yeah, that sucks that she lied (maybe she meant whoever had him before you did?). Still, not much you can do about it if she wants to come across as Angelic Animal Rescuer person. Hopefully she'll tell you what's up and you can offer to help out the current owner if they need it (whether it be emotional and/or financial help). If not, the best you can do is hope the pup is in a good place.
Moved to London February 5, 2010

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 03:23:26 PM »
Yeah, that sucks that she lied (maybe she meant whoever had him before you did?). Still, not much you can do about it if she wants to come across as Angelic Animal Rescuer person. Hopefully she'll tell you what's up and you can offer to help out the current owner if they need it (whether it be emotional and/or financial help). If not, the best you can do is hope the pup is in a good place.

Thanks yeah that's all I've got right now. She deffinitely means us because we bought him and were the first owners. That actually really hurt my feelings that she says he came from a home where he was beaten. We tried our very best and never even came close to smacking him.  :(

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 03:25:20 PM »
:) thanks CB. I basically just copied and pasted (tweaked a bit) what you said above. I hope she won't ignore me. If she does though, should I just let go? Or should I keep pursuing this? Is there even anything I can do? I just want to calm down and not have to worry or think about this anymore. You have helped loads as you always do with all my problems :). You're a gem!

If you get no response then you have to let it go, you'll only tear yourself apart if you ry and figure out what happened. I don't think anyone is cruel enough to lie about a dog having cancer, potentially she rehomed him before he died, but even if he did, you had to give him  up because you couldn't give him the life he deserved whilst you were at uni and working etc, it didn't mean you were cruel or horrible to him and it doesn't mean that this lady was either, maybe her situation changed and she rehomed him and didn't feel the need to tell you because the poor pup was dead anyway or she didn't want to worry you, sounds like she's a bit of a fantasist but that doesn't mean she was cruel (just a b... ;) ) . Unfortunately the end result is the same.

No worries, just try not to think about it too much, remember him as a lovely pup and try and move on x

• British by descent
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 03:29:37 PM »
Thanks yeah that's all I've got right now. She deffinitely means us because we bought him and were the first owners. That actually really hurt my feelings that she says he came from a home where he was beaten. We tried our very best and never even came close to smacking him.  :(

So much for that idea, then. :( Sounds like she does want to make herself look really awesome, then. Not much you can do about that, sadly. At least you, and the people who know you, know you would never hit a dog.
Moved to London February 5, 2010

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 04:03:39 PM »
You guys are absolutely right. She might be making things up but it doesn't mean she did anything horrible to him. I imagine if she calls him her baby, it must've been hard on her too. :) thanks CB and E. I feel a lot better talking this through with you.

Sponsored Links