Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Where's the Yellow School Bus?  (Read 2458 times)

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
  • Liked: 0
Where's the Yellow School Bus?
« on: May 25, 2002, 05:32:57 AM »
Has anyone noticed the absence of The Yellow School Bus here?  I find it odd that they do not have a School Bus System set up for the public schools.  

I do sometimes see privately-hired "coaches" filled with students now and then, but they seem to be going to a specific school function or something (sports teams?)

I feel very nervous at the thought of my child getting on a public bus to go to school in the mornings if he had to!  

(or am I missing something?  ARE THERE dedicated school buses for transport from home-to-school-and-back?)   ???

• Liked: 1
Re: Where's the Yellow School Bus?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2002, 11:42:02 AM »
I had a friend that traveled around the US right after she got out of school (high school).  It was her first trip and one of her most cherished pictures is of herself in front of a big yellow school bus.  They have the mythical status here as the red, double decker city buses  have at home.
'Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.' - Emerson

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2002, 09:39:49 PM »
I thought it was really odd that school children rode public buses. And then I was on a bus they went on. Not comfortable when they get rowdy after a long day.
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2002, 10:58:45 PM »
I think each area has its own type of transport for the kids?  It all has to do with their "nearest appropriate school" or some such verbiage.  I'm trying to sort it all out myself, seeing as I'm bringing two school-age monsters over with me.

Public transport doesn't really bother me, though.  When I was in 1st grade in Coral Gables (Miami) I rode a city bus to school.  Then again, that was the only time I ever rode a bus to school.  Lived within walking distance of every school I've attended since.  Hoping for the same with my boys, but I doubt it.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links