Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visioning.....Can you think yourself thin?  (Read 1816 times)

• Liked: 1
Visioning.....Can you think yourself thin?
« on: April 18, 2003, 05:07:30 PM »
Just a thought...... it is the fact that many of us have not ever been thin or have not been thin in such a long time that we forgot what it felt like and can no longer see ourselves thin?  

A lot of people like Tiger Woods and Lance Armstong often use visioning as a way to help them focus on the ultimate goal they have in mind.  

Our VP (who used to do something similar for Jenny Craig) was talking to us one day in a  meeting and said that they had identified that it was a lack of being able to see oneself at their goal weight that caused people to not achieve it.  

So now of course we spend a lot of time visioning what our business would look like!  :P ...I will not get into that here!

I was just wondering if someone had heard or thought of this before?  

A few months ago I made one of those chains from grade school.. like for before Christmas where you take off one link each day... the idea was to take off links for pounds that I lost....

I tried to combine this with thinking what I would look like or wear or feel like once I was thinner and healthier.....

I worked for a while, but most of the links are still there (all 60 plus of them) and I let the stresses of life get to me....and in the way of my vision...

Any ideas?  

Pamela

« Last Edit: April 18, 2003, 05:08:48 PM by vnicepeeps »
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
Re: Visioning.....Can you think yourself thin?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2003, 04:04:27 PM »
hi vnicepeeps,

your topic is very interesting...  and one that I have been studying for a while now.  

I do know that visualization is a great tool and I try to use it often...it really helped me when I started to lose weight last year...and I subsided with it some...  now I have been bringing it back into focus.  

I have a vivd picture of myself walking the hills in england: how I look, what I am wearing, how my hair looks....  and I see each step I take uphill with ease and enjoyment... it works...and it does give you a sense of willpower.

Even if you have never been thin to see yourself that way... there are ways to find that in your mind...  take a shape that you like and place yourself in it....  here is a program that might help you find that way. http://www.virtualmodel.com/mvmhome/jsp/home.jsp?

Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2003, 02:33:17 AM »
Michele,

I think it can work too.  Just need to keep the image as clear as possible.  ;)

I have countless pictures which help me, but I think in the end it's true that you have to be ready and truly want it.  For me it has to be a life time commitment.  

Coming to terms with why you are overweight is perhaps the biggest thing that can blur the vision.  I know it was a hurdle for me..

Well,  I'm off to do weight watchers tomorrow.. Wish me luck so I to can wander the hills of England.   :)

Pamela

The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2003, 06:37:18 PM »
I think holding a vision of yourself is quite helpful, I swear I'm gonna just post pictures of me from when I was thin (not fat ones, they're just depressing and don't help) around the place.  Everytime I see one of my Army Day pics I just want to look like that again lol.  So yeah, it's good motivation.  Personally, I think my husband has a better idea of this than me cause he's always encouraging me even when I feel like just totally giving up.  But then he doesn't have a personal stake in it (other than my happiness) so it's not like he's gonna get depressed about it.

I like the rings idea btw.  Mebbe you should add a reward to the rings tho?  Like I dunno, every 5 rings you get to rent a movie you like or something?

I'm gonna have to make some rings!  :D
wench
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2003, 05:41:52 PM »
Reward rings sound good!  Makes it worthwhile!

Go for my weigh in in a few days.... :-/  Wish me luck... have Hubby's Birthday dinner tonight and out for drinkies... will have to control myself ... Doing okay so far though... been under points on WW for the week.

Sponsored Links