Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Tide Detergent  (Read 23234 times)

• Liked: 35
Tide Detergent
« on: February 13, 2012, 10:54:25 PM »
Is this sold anywhere in the UK for less than a King's ransom?

My wife prefers Tide with Bleach Alternative to any of the British detergents she has so far tried and she has almost run out of her stockpile that she brought over.

Could it be hiding under another name?

Thanks, Andy

Re: Tide Detergent
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 07:07:29 AM »
I have seen very small boxes of Tide in Farmfoods stores, but it was just normal Tide... didn't have "bleach alternative" in it.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 10:46:34 AM »
I will second Kerri - Daz seems to smell and perform a lot like Tide.

I completely empathize with your wife. I sat down and cried one day because I missed Tide, and, more specifically, Target's giant aisle of every flavor and size of Tide you could ever imagine or wish for. Who knew that was such a paradise!
Sometimes I amaze even myself.

• Utter Nonsense
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 11:54:54 AM »
When I was little, my Mum used to have my Nan bring a suitcase worth of Ariel over to the US when they would visit..

I'd use Daz if they made non-scented in liquid form. My washer doesnt really like powder :(

• Liked: 9
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 11:57:54 AM »
I completely empathize with your wife. I sat down and cried one day because I missed Tide, and, more specifically, Target's giant aisle of every flavor and size of Tide you could ever imagine or wish for. Who knew that was such a paradise!

Yep.. I agree with that one. I miss the 500 different options of Tide, and 300 different options of Snuggle. With my allergies, I have to be careful of what brands I use to avoid hives. With so many choices of Tide and Snuggle, I feel like I have unlimited options.  ;D
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 12:10:58 PM »

• Liked: 35
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 05:05:45 PM »
Thanks for the replies! We will give Daz a try - will be cheaper than buying imported Tide.

Andy

• Liked: 7
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 11:54:35 PM »
We will give Daz a try - will be cheaper than buying imported Tide.

Let me know what you think.  Just the other day, I was missing the smell of freshly Tide-washed clothes.
2007-Short Term Student;   2010-T4;   2011-T1 PSW;   2013-FLR(M);    2015-ILR;    2016 - Citizenship (approved!)

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 10:41:02 AM »
Another reason I miss Tide is because all of the detergents I have tried over here are overpowering. Some of them have such a strong scent I get headaches when I wear clothes washed in them. One I tried (not sure what because it was last winter/early spring. When I put on a long sleeved shirt a few weeks ago that hadn't been worn since last Feb, it was still so overpoweringly strong I ended up with a headache. I suppose with it being folded in a pile of clothes it held the scent in. If the scent lasts nearly a year it is too strong.

I want my clothes to smell good, but not overpower me with the scent.

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

• Utter Nonsense
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 12:30:17 PM »
I use Persil and has little to no scent in it.. Im really allergic to scented anything (cant use plug ins or scented candles in my house) and the only real scent on our clothes is from the pine in our furniture. If it smells too piney, then a quick wash will do.

I do get a lovely smell from when the clothes have been lined dried, but it disappears in a week or two.

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 12:48:26 PM »
Ummmm I know we all miss Tide, but was this someone on here?  ;)

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/minnesota/tide-laundry-detergent-stolen-feb-13-2012

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 01:40:38 PM »
Ummmm I know we all miss Tide, but was this someone on here?  ;)

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/minnesota/tide-laundry-detergent-stolen-feb-13-2012

Hee hee! I don't miss it quite that much.  ;D

I use Persil and has little to no scent in it.. Im really allergic to scented anything (cant use plug ins or scented candles in my house) and the only real scent on our clothes is from the pine in our furniture. If it smells too piney, then a quick wash will do.

I do get a lovely smell from when the clothes have been lined dried, but it disappears in a week or two.

I have to be careful, but I can use a few brands of detergent/fabric softner. I also have to watch my air freshners, candles, perfumes, etc, because of allergies and migraines. I love the smell of line dried clothes.

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 05:38:03 PM »
Funny the things we miss from home. Must admit though dont miss Tide as it has been ages since I have used it. The last house I was in the USA didn't allow Tide to be used. They said it upset the system.  Don't know how or why though. I would suggest American sweets shop or Daz as well.

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 05:18:31 PM »
I miss Tide and Target and Chili's and Lamppost Pizza and... the list can go on.  It is, however, worth it to be here with my guy.  I miss home and everything related to home but I'd miss him more.   :)
Feb 2008 met on an online webcom forum
2009 started developing friendship
2010 got accepted to University of Hull
Aug 2011 got student visa
Sept 21, 2011 arrived in Manchester
Jan 23, 2103 visa expired, had to return home
Feb. 2, 2105 complicated divorce is finally granted!
April 20, '15, get hitched

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab