Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UKBA Appeal for Feedback  (Read 3999 times)

UKBA Appeal for Feedback
« on: April 11, 2012, 09:04:10 PM »
Regarding this...

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=74049.0 which was posted in the old advocacy area.

They have reiterated their appeal for positive feedback, and I reiterate it here.  So far, only 1 person has gotten back to me.  Surely UKY is a happier community than that, no?

UKBA are holding a big proper sit-down pow-wow with stakeholders in 4 weeks which I will attend (health permitting), and hopefully offer some favorable reviews.

Anybody?

• It's an adventure now.
  • Liked: 30
Re: UKBA Appeal for Feedback
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 09:13:32 PM »
It certainly isn't a case of my not being happy with the service, I just can't nail it down to a single person. I'd love to give them good feedback.

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 08:09:16 AM »
If we submit the date and type of service to you, will they be able to trace back who served us? I had a positive in-person ILR experience at Croyden last year but like Gwen, I have no idea who did my case.
The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 09:36:48 AM »
Yes, something like that will work.

It certainly isn't a case of my not being happy with the service, I just can't nail it down to a single person. I'd love to give them good feedback.

Is this the case for lots of people? 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:57:47 AM by Transpondia »

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »
Got it!  Thanks to Gwen, Courtney, TA.   Can people in this situation: you had a favorable experience with UKBA staff, preferably abroad, but also here, and you don't know the person's name... 

If you can simply put the date, time, place, and application type, and a phrase about why it was above expectations...  Also, if you got a very timely or helpful email from UKBA consular staff, etc etc...  Append to the body of this thread please.  I will take a print out to the appropriate Director or Deputy Director at UKBA.

Thanks to people who help out!

• It's an adventure now.
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 01:43:43 PM »
Sure thing.

Application type: ILE
Place: New York
Date & Time: Sent on April 3rd, received April 4th (email at 1:30 pm), approved email received April 5th at 10:00, documents received back April 6th

As you can see, we had less than 24 hours turnaround with excellent communication from NY, so I was very happy with the experience. My documents were received back in good order; they'd clearly taken care to make sure that all five original travel documents were safe. I am quite happy with the service. This is my third (and hopefully last) visa through NY and despite policy changes, they've always been fast and professional.

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 06:44:08 PM »
Date: 15 March 2011
Place: Croyden PEO
Appt time: 8AM
Reason: ILR based on 5 year WP
Booking ref# 414526410

I was one of the first people through the door. Every individual I encountered at Croyden was professional from the security people at the door to the folks at the various desks.

My only complaint about Croyden would be the benches you are stuck sitting on. The are made of some weird icy material that never warms up and made me feel quite arthritic.

The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 07:09:30 PM »
Thanks to Gwen and Courtney.  This is great.

Somebody else?

• Liked: 387
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 08:05:22 PM »
I was under the impression that this was for people who actually met face to face with UKBA staff and could comment on their actual in person interactions with them (ex. PEO appointments).

I've only been through a postal application for my spouse visa and was very pleased; however, I wouldn't be able to mention any names since it was a postal application and I have no idea who handled it. 

I certainly wouldn't mind commenting on my experience with the service if that's acceptable.

• I'm the Brit half...
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 08:09:53 PM »
As with Aquila, we had a positive experience re: Spouse visa application so if this is something that's appropriate I will also post a few lines! :)
2nd April 2011 - married in MN, USA
7th April 2011 - Applied online for Spouse Visa
11th April 2011 - Spouse visa issued
12th May 2011 - Hubby home :)
22nd June 2013 - ILR :) :)

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 08:32:37 PM »
As with Aquila, we had a positive experience re: Spouse visa application so if this is something that's appropriate I will also post a few lines! :)

Yes, let's get it all out in the open.  Everything.  If they think somebody's episode is irrelevant, they can skip it.  Let's be good stakeholders!

• Liked: 387
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 10:06:15 PM »
Application type:  Spouse visa
Place:  New York Consulate
Date:  11 Aug 2010 (processing email rec'd)

My visa was issued 13 Aug 2010, which was 2 days after I got confirmation my application was recieved and being processed.  I paid for settlement priority processing, but even so, I thought this was a very quick turnaround and was very pleased with the processing time. 

When I got my documents back (which were returned organized and in the same way I sent them), I noticed the visa had an error.  I emailed the Consulate and got a response back the same day with apologies and instructions on what to do.  I sent my passport back to the Consulate as instructed and they sent it back corrected within a few days.  I was especially pleased with how the error was handled - the same day communication was great, and the correction turnaround time was also very quick.  To correct the error, I got instructions to send the passport to the Consulate to the attention of [name].  I can provide that name if appropriate.

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
Many thanks to everybody who contributed.  I will bring these comments along with the pm's I received to UKBA and discuss them.

Apropos...  This will be my last activity wearing a UK-Yankee hat.  I'll stay on as a basic member here and pick up in either a blog or another forum.  The advisories, alerts, and what-not will fall to someone else. 

Thanks again for people who contributed...   :D

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 11:53:39 AM »
Apropos...  This will be my last activity wearing a UK-Yankee hat.  I'll stay on as a basic member here and pick up in either a blog or another forum.  The advisories, alerts, and what-not will fall to someone else. 

Thanks again for people who contributed...   :D

Thanks for everything you do/have done, Transpondia!

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 12:15:13 PM »
Ditto.  I hope this is a temporary break, because UK-Y is a better community for having you.

Sponsored Links