Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What is Used Book Smell?  (Read 2857 times)

• Pajama Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
What is Used Book Smell?
« on: April 14, 2012, 03:22:47 PM »
Interesting little video about books and why they smell the way they do!  :)

What is Used Book Smell?
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: What is Used Book Smell?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 04:58:24 PM »
That's fantastic! Thank you!  ;D
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 10:48:57 PM »
Very interesting.  I love the smell of new books.  Old books, not so much. A bookstore, with a coffee shop inside, combines two great smells that go well together-- new books and coffee!  HEAVEN.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 09:09:13 PM »
I just love the way new books smell when you first get to open them. I guess that sounds a bit weird, but reading books is so much fun!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 10:43:31 PM »
Thanks for sharing!

I love the smell of new books. If you want absolute new-book smell heaven, try to visit Cambridge University Press. They're one of very few publishers who actually print and store their books on site. I went a few years ago and it was simply amazing. I'm not sure if they do regular tours (I went with a publishing course), but it's fascinating seeing the warehouse and the printers.
I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.' Kurt Vonnegut

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 10:49:31 PM »
Great link.

I love both.  I am a sensory person.  My husband picks on me all the time about smelling (or touching) everything.  But books are the biggest thing.  I love new book smell, old book smell, and library with lots of old book smell (I think it is a bit different than just old book smell).  We were in the National Archives yesterday, and I just stood at one part where the indexes were sniffing about. :D

Sponsored Links