Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hockey in England  (Read 1355 times)

• Liked: 0
Hockey in England
« on: September 26, 2004, 04:09:30 PM »
I was just wondering how populalr ice hockey is in England.  Until recently, I thought it was virtually nonexistant until I saw it mentioned on a web page on this site.  The one thing I didn't like about England was that I thought there was no hockey.  I know it sounds crazy that I'd be that obsessed with a sport  ::)...  Are there professional/amatuer team that you can watch say, every weekend if you want?  Are there organizations you can join to play?   

Re: Hockey in England
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 08:04:57 PM »
I too, am a huge hockey fan. The current lock out is really bad and is taking it's toll on a lot pf players and fans alike. As for Ice Hockey in the UK, I know there is a team in Milton Keyens called the MK Lightning and I suppose I will be following them soon. There is also the Sheffield Steelers and if you do a Google you should be able to find them. I don't know what part of the UK you are in so I can't help you with an area but thought the above two could help you get going.

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 10:45:03 AM »
Just be careful about calling it hockey here because here, hockey is actually field hockey...so you actually have to call it "ice hockey".  Yippee!   I play hockey in London, not ice hockey. (and I love it being called just hockey like I was used to back in my old high school days).

• Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 03:11:26 PM »
There was a London team, but it seems like they went kaput or something, this is their site:

http://www.knightice.co.uk/

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 01:11:12 PM »
The London ice hockey team is called the Racers.  They play at Ally Pally.

I just went to a Bracknell Bees game against Sheffield 2 weekends ago.
I've also seen the Slough Jets a couple times.

Ice hockey is around in the UK and you can usually see games for about £7-10 a ticket.
At Slough they let you ice skate for up to 2 hours after the game as well, really good fun.

The arenas are nothing like the NHL ones although I do hear Nottingham's is an exception, it has
about 10,000 seats.

Matt
And the world first spoke to me in Sensurround

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 01:22:35 PM »
The radio today said that the Coventry Blaze won some cup last night. We are the champions! of the world!

Sponsored Links