Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cheap calling from US to UK?  (Read 4820 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Cheap calling from US to UK?
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2004, 06:48:27 PM »
I get phone card PINS on the internet from www.gamutphonecards.com
I used to use their Radient Twister cards at 1c per minute ( 1000 minutes for $10) but now use their 1500 minutes for $5 Radient Silverstar cards ( 1/3rd of a cent per minute)
Only drawbacks are:
1) have to use a local access number to get those rates - there is a toll free number on the gamut site where you can check if there is a local access number for your area.
2) about half the time (or more) they take off your minutes at a highly accellerated rate. I made it a point to write down the time I place calls and for what duration I talk, and if they try to take off the minutes wrong I call their 800# for customer service and they put my  minutes back on the card. Get's annoying but it does save me a lot of money.

My wife uses a calling card she buys locally that gives her 10,000 minutes of anytime use and unlimited talk time after 9 pm, for something like 10 pounds. I forget who makes the card but she is quite happy with it. She says the only bad thing about that card is that it is only good for a certain amout of time then the card expires.

Jared

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2004, 07:38:25 PM »
Call 18866.com  Its 1p a minute to US and Canada and free calls in the UK.  Sign up on line. Its great. I can call my family as often and as long as I want. Been using it for about 6 months now.
They've put it up to 2p/min now :(

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2004, 07:42:09 PM »
For calls from the US to the UK I use www.onesuite.com to get calling cards. I pay 2.2 cents per minute and no other connection or maintenance fees attached to it. Love it.

I too used this. Loved it.  So easy to use and so so so so cheap!
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

Sponsored Links