Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: In a panic  (Read 2926 times)

• just a little whiterabbit
  • Liked: 4
Re: In a panic
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 11:45:37 PM »
Glad to hear he's home.  Keep us posted on how he's doing. :)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 03:43:40 AM »
Glad to hear he's home.  Keep us posted on how he's doing. :)

1!! Lots of continuing healing vibes coming your brother's way, fallgal! *hug*
"Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it." -Eat Pray Love

beth@medivisas.com
medivisas.com

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 05:32:01 AM »
I have just seen this, I missed it somehow. I agree completely that it sounds like my experience with seizures. My brother in law suffers from seizures, and the two main signs if we haven't seen him have one - is that he has wet himself, and an altered personality- for large ones, the personality change can last for weeks sometimes.

• just a little whiterabbit
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 12:02:02 PM »
I have just seen this, I missed it somehow. I agree completely that it sounds like my experience with seizures. My brother in law suffers from seizures, and the two main signs if we haven't seen him have one - is that he has wet himself, and an altered personality- for large ones, the personality change can last for weeks sometimes.

My husband has no recollection of his night of seizures, HG.  I presume it's the same with your BIL?  Since Fallgal's brother was alone when all this happened, he wouldn't be able to report the seizure activity to his doctor - he wouldn't remember it.  An MRI and EEG should reveal if seizure activity was present. (Regards the personality change, for my husband that was very short term.  But he had short term memory loss for about a week after his seizures.)

I mentioned my husband's problem to FallGal because she said the doctors were saying her brother has a cyst on his kidney.  Kidney disease is a silent condition and most people exhibit no systems for a long time.  It usually takes something serious to raise concerns.  Anyone with any form of kidney disease must be monitored for their blood pressure.  When the kidneys don't function properly, they stress the heart.  This stress causes blood pressure to rise.  That stress in turn further damages the kidneys.  Medicating for control of the pressure is the best course of treatment.  

Thyroidism coupled with kidney disease exacerbates the problem.  My husband has been medicated for his blood pressure for twenty years.  We don't know exactly what caused his blood pressure to soar in the systolic range to over 260 on the night he seized.  But his thyroid (for which he is also medicated) was way out of whack that night.  His doctor thinks his body created the perfect storm that night and he seized.

Anyway, I'm surely not a doctor, but I think it's something for Fallgal's brother to ask his doctors to investigate.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab