Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Family visit for golf  (Read 2153 times)

• Glenn's Sports Collection Want List
  • Liked: 1
Family visit for golf
« on: July 18, 2012, 03:23:21 PM »
Hey folks!

My cousins and some friends will be arriving in Scotland from the Detroit area in about a week and a half for a golf vacation. None of them have ever been to Scotland before, and they're all really looking forward to it. I'm pretty excited about seeing them, and thought I'd just share the news with the UKY community.

Their 9 day tour will take them to Gleneagles, St Andrews (playing various courses incl The Old Course), Carnoustie, then up to Inverness. Its on that last leg that a buddy and I will join them to play Castle Stuart and Royal Dornoch. Here's hoping that the BBC's prediction of improving weather starting next week proves to be correct!

The guys have been emailing me over the past few months asking about all sorts of aspects of Scottish life - what kind of food to expect, tipping etiquette, weather.....you name it. One thing that's going to be a lot of fun is recommending and sharing a good selection of single malt whiskies with them. That could get messy!

In addition to the joy of seeing my cousins again (for the first time since 2008), I'm also looking forward to getting my hands on the two boxes of baseball cards they're bringing over for me. It's going to be a pack-opening, cardboard frenzy!!

More than anything though, I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that they get some decent weather. It would really suck to travel all that way and just get rained on constantly!! Keep your fingers crossed for them!!

Glenn

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab