Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Scotland, here we come! Tier 4 Visas Issued  (Read 1864 times)

• Liked: 0
Scotland, here we come! Tier 4 Visas Issued
« on: July 31, 2012, 05:40:04 AM »
My partner and I just got issued our Tier 4 Visas today for the University of Glasgow Post-Graduate studies...  It only took 11 days for UKBA to process both our visas with regular service.  I'm glad we saved the money and didn't get the premium service, because now we have everything done with plenty of time to spare... We will see you in Glasgow this September!  Very excited to have everything ready!

:) :) :) :) :)

• Liked: 585
Re: Scotland, here we come! Tier 4 Visas Issued
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 06:22:19 AM »
Good stuff!
Hope you enjoy your time in Glasgow... I've lived here most of my adult life (lost track of how many years!) and love it!  :)

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 06:26:58 AM »
Good stuff!
Hope you enjoy your time in Glasgow... I've lived here most of my adult life (lost track of how many years!) and love it!  :)

Thanks, Tracey... We can't wait to get there!
Coming from Long Beach, CA!

• Liked: 585
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 06:30:44 AM »
I'm originally from California, too... a little town called Norco, in Riverside County.

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 06:39:39 AM »
I'm originally from California, too... a little town called Norco, in Riverside County.

Sounds great! Any tips on what to do and what to see are always welcome!

• Pajama Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 12:52:04 PM »
Congrats! I graduated from Glasgow Uni in 2010. It was absolutely one of the best years of my life! Would do it over again in a hearbeat! What programme are you going for?
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 03:03:45 PM »
Congrats! I graduated from Glasgow Uni in 2010. It was absolutely one of the best years of my life! Would do it over again in a hearbeat! What programme are you going for?

MRES Infection and Immunobiology!  Did you end up staying in Glasgow after you graduated?

• Pajama Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 03:12:46 PM »
I did!  :) I stayed on the Tier 1 Post-Study Work visa, which unfortunately doesn't exist anymore. I just moved back to the US in February. I absolutely love Glasgow, and Scotland as a whole, and if I could have stayed I would have!
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
I did!  :) I stayed on the Tier 1 Post-Study Work visa, which unfortunately doesn't exist anymore. I just moved back to the US in February. I absolutely love Glasgow, and Scotland as a whole, and if I could have stayed I would have!

Very nice!  I am so looking forward to this adventure!

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 06:22:06 PM »
That's fantastic!  I'm headed to Glasgow myself.  Just waiting on Strathclyde to get my scholarship letter corrected, and I'll apply for my visa.  I'm so stinking excited!

Maybe see you there :-)

Amy
University of Strathclyde, MSc Sustainability and Environmental Studies: beginning Sept 2012

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 07:17:07 PM »
That's fantastic!  I'm headed to Glasgow myself.  Just waiting on Strathclyde to get my scholarship letter corrected, and I'll apply for my visa.  I'm so stinking excited!

Maybe see you there :-)

Amy

Cool!  Where are you coming from, and what are you studying, Amy?

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 07:24:31 PM »
I'm coming from Alabama, and I'm studying Sustainability and Environmental Studies.

Have y'all figured out where you are staying?  I'm swaying back and forth between private and student housing.  I'm nearly thirty, and I think student housing might be a bit "young" for me.
University of Strathclyde, MSc Sustainability and Environmental Studies: beginning Sept 2012

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 03:17:18 AM »
My partner and I are staying in University housing, but we are in the medical school family housing off campus, so it's much more mellow than a freshman dorm.  We also have our own 1br flat to ourselves, so it's just like having an apartment with all utilities included.  If we end up staying longer than a year, then we will likely get our own place then...

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 04:44:05 AM »
Cool!  I ended up getting a studio...er small room in the West End, so I'm a little bit from Strathclyde, but definitely in a fun part of town :-) All my utilities are included too, including wifi, so it is quite convenient! If I end up staying, I'll most likely get something bigger too.

I'm heading out on Tuesday, so I'm getting quite excited.  I hope y'all have a safe trip!

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 05:49:12 PM »
You too!!!  We are leaving Sept. 6th!  Have a safe trip!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab