Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Need some love, fellow UK-yankees :c  (Read 2012 times)

• Liked: 2
Need some love, fellow UK-yankees :c
« on: August 01, 2012, 05:35:58 AM »
Today was actually a pretty decent day. I went to the meetings I usually go to (more like "group therapy" really) and I actually spoke. Which I normally never do. Everyone congratulated me and made me feel really great about myself, Alex and I are getting along so well and I'm taking my G.E.D classes and those are going pretty well, too. However, then I come home from whatever errands I've been doing, from being pretty happy and upbeat to just alone and I just feel so utterly miserable when I get there. My brain just is horrible and never cuts me a break from thinking and it drives me insane. From everything from big money issues, to college, to careers to the littlest insignificant thing that doesn't even matter. Things are on my mind constantly, to the point where it is almost suffocating. Yay for adulthood.

I think a lot of what it comes down to is I'm missing Alex so much lately. Which I know a hell of a lot of people on here relate to with missing their SO. I was thinking how this whole thing is going to work between us. The reality is taking hold that it's going to take a lot of patience, money and time for us to be together. (I'm not patient at all :P have to work on that. Luckily he is more patient than me) He'd totally be worth the wait though..
I'm struggling even though I saw him in May, today it has just hit me hard how badly I want to be with him again. I was trying to keep myself as busy as I can but then when I have nothing to do I just get upset. I miss my best friend. Thanks for reading guys, just needed to type some of that crap out. Phew.  :-\\\\

• Liked: 0
Re: Need some love, fellow UK-yankees :c
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 05:55:04 AM »
Wow I can relate so much with the college, career, money uncertainty taking over my brain. It's like I'm starting to obsess over it you know :( and having a lot of student debt doesn't help.

I'm also really bad with patience. It's so hard because I saw him last in June (we were together for 2 months before I left cause I was studying there) and that was only 2 months ago. But I am not seeing him again until January and that kills me :( especially since I'm sick right now.

I am similar to you in that when I am busy I am happy, calm, but when I'm by myself he's all I ever think about :( good to know that other people are in the same boat.

I noticed you're in the NY area btw - I'm from NJ :)

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 04:57:57 AM »
Wow I can relate so much with the college, career, money uncertainty taking over my brain. It's like I'm starting to obsess over it you know :( and having a lot of student debt doesn't help.

I'm also really bad with patience. It's so hard because I saw him last in June (we were together for 2 months before I left cause I was studying there) and that was only 2 months ago. But I am not seeing him again until January and that kills me :( especially since I'm sick right now.

I am similar to you in that when I am busy I am happy, calm, but when I'm by myself he's all I ever think about :( good to know that other people are in the same boat.

I noticed you're in the NY area btw - I'm from NJ :)

:) It's so nice to hear from someone who can relate to so many things I'm going through. I am supposed to go over again (a huge maybe) in October to England, and if that doesn't happen it'll have to be him coming here in January as well. =(

The waiting periods in between are so horrible to deal with. Especially when you get to see them on Skype and you're like, UGH, I just want a freaking hug! Ha, really?? Where about in Jersey are you from? Maybe we could chat sometime! It's always a good thing to get out frustrations and I have no one to talk to that really understands what it's like to be in a relationship with someone so far away when they're crying over a boyfriend they haven't seen in a week, lol. Thanks for replying, it's appreciated!

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 04:59:21 PM »
We're going halves on the plane ticket so I can visit him for 2 weeks in Jan :)

I know the Skype thing sucks. I mean you can see them, talk to them, etc but you can't touch them :( I'm in north Jersey :) where in NY are you from?

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 05:46:58 AM »
Aw, well that'll be nice! I wish I could say "it'll be here before you know it" but it always seems to drag on and on! He'll be paying for mine in October, hopefully if I go. Seeing as I am currently broke. Bleh. >:/

Yeeah, all I want is a freakin' hug. Damn you Skype. I'm in northern New York! XD Whenever I go to England and say I'm from New York, everyone asks me how NYC is, even though I do live in a city in NY.. just not.. NYC.  ::)

• Brooklynite By Birth. Geordie By Choice!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 04:40:32 PM »
I hear you Mandy! Me lass just started a new job, and I won't be able to see her 'till Jan '13!

"Whenever I go to England and say I'm from New York, everyone asks me how NYC is, even though I do live in a city in NY.. just not.. NYC.  ::)"

I get the opposite when I get home to NY!;

"Hey!...How was London?"...Umm, I'm sure London's alright.

"Well, whaddya mean? Didn't you go to England?"...Yeah, but I was only in London for an hour, to make a connecting flight.

"Didn't you see your girlfriend?"...Yeah, but she's a 6hr drive from London.

I gotta admit, we New Yorkers are guilty of assuming that nothing in the UK exists outside of London.   

Sponsored Links