Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: CAS Issued!  (Read 1298 times)

• Liked: 0
CAS Issued!
« on: August 07, 2012, 06:50:26 PM »
So my CAS has been issued. My only question is where does it say I have student loans going toward my tuition? Nothing on here has proof of it, though my university assured me that it would. I have a loan letter for my federal loan, but I don't have one from Sallie Mae. What other proof of these loans do I need to obtain before I mail everything off after my biometrics appointment?

Also, is it ok for me to apply for my visa now that my CAS has been issued or will the "Course fees paid to date" section need to be changed before I can use this CAS??

Re: CAS Issued!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 08:05:39 PM »
Ugh... And now that I look over it more, they didn't include any of my previous used names that I'll be including on my visa application. Sounds like I just need to have it redone. If they need to correct my information, do they have to request and re-issue a new CAS?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 08:30:52 PM »
Also, is it ok for me to apply for my visa now that my CAS has been issued or will the "Course fees paid to date" section need to be changed before I can use this CAS??

If you have not paid any tuition fees to the university yet, then the 'course fees paid to date' section should be blank (for most people this section will be empty).

I don't think your loan information is supposed to be on the CAS - looking at the guidance for sponsors issuing the CAS, it only tells them to enter in how much the fees are, how much in tuition you have already paid to the university (if applicable) and how much of your tuition will be paid by a government/company sponsor (if applicable).

There is nothing on the CAS guidance about using personal funds or loans - that's up to you to prove for your visa application, not the university... the CAS is evidence of your acceptance to the university and confirming your tuition fees, and then you have to prove you have the money to pay the fees using loans.

Ugh... And now that I look over it more, they didn't include any of my previous used names that I'll be including on my visa application. Sounds like I just need to have it redone. If they need to correct my information, do they have to request and re-issue a new CAS?

Does the name on your CAS match the name on your passport? If so, then there's nothing wrong with it - it's only mandatory for the university to put your surname on the form anyway... given names or other names are not a requirement (I believe they take your name from your passport and presumably your previous names won't be on there).

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 09:57:21 PM »
If you have not paid any tuition fees to the university yet, then the 'course fees paid to date' section should be blank (for most people this section will be empty).

I don't think your loan information is supposed to be on the CAS - looking at the guidance for sponsors issuing the CAS, it only tells them to enter in how much the fees are, how much in tuition you have already paid to the university (if applicable) and how much of your tuition will be paid by a government/company sponsor (if applicable).

There is nothing on the CAS guidance about using personal funds or loans - that's up to you to prove for your visa application, not the university... the CAS is evidence of your acceptance to the university and confirming your tuition fees, and then you have to prove you have the money to pay the fees using loans.

Does the name on your CAS match the name on your passport? If so, then there's nothing wrong with it - it's only mandatory for the university to put your surname on the form anyway... given names or other names are not a requirement (I believe they take your name from your passport and presumably your previous names won't be on there).

You're my hero. Everything matches what you've described. I'm going to go ahead and apply and have Sallie Mae send me a letter for my 2nd loan. Already have proof of my first.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab