Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How long does it take to get a Tier 4 VISA once you have the CAS and other Q  (Read 3670 times)

• Liked: 0
So say i have the CAS in hand, how long does it take to receive the Tier 4 VISA. 

also, i am currently in the UK on a tourist Visa, do i need to leave back to the US in order to apply for the Tier 4 or can i stay and apply while I am here.

Thanks

• I miss people no matter where I live
Not sure how long it takes as I applied four years ago but I'm sure you can't switch from a tourist visa to anything else so yes you would have to go back to the US to apply for it.
Met DH to be: 2004
Visited back and forth:2005-2008
Student visa: September 2008
Married: September 2009
Flr(m): July 2011
Finished my bachelors: May 2012
Finished MSc: august 2013
ILR approved: September 2013
Citizenship approval: August 2015
Passport received: November 2015
Citizenship journey is complete!

• Liked: 7
Once you have your CAS, and any other supporting documentation (finances, etc.), You'll have to submit the online application, schedule a biometrics appointment, mail any documents, and then wait. 

If you use the Priority/Premium Service, you can have your Tier 4 visa in as little as 1 day.

I used Priority service in July 2010, and it was about $150 then.  I believe it took 2 working days for the visa to be processed and issued (I used next day delivery when I posted it on a Friday afternoon).  However, the visa was issued incorrectly (validity dates), and that took just about a full month to get sorted out.

you MUST apply from the country in which you are normally resident.  Although you're already here, you're on a tourist visa, which unfortunately prohibits changing into any other category.

best of luck.
2007-Short Term Student;   2010-T4;   2011-T1 PSW;   2013-FLR(M);    2015-ILR;    2016 - Citizenship (approved!)

ok great thanks,

im trying to get it sorted out

Informally, the school says i seem like a good candidate, so im going through the process now and hopefully i can get formally accepted with the CAS  fly home submit paperwork with priority service then fly back. it is what it is.

Thanks again.

Ok, i got into City University!

now to decide if i want to go back to school

and to find out how long it would take for me to get a Visa, fly home apply and come back.

Decision time

ok, sorry, not real question that can be answered here, I just had to tell someone :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab