Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Where can I play basketball in Southampton?  (Read 5434 times)

• Liked: 2
Where can I play basketball in Southampton?
« on: September 01, 2012, 01:11:43 PM »
I've been trying to find a basketball court, indoor or outdoor, and I can't find one anywhere. There's a park, St. James park, that has a basketball hoop. However, it's not the standard height or size hoop. It's completely useless.

I looked around for some sort of basketball organization/club, and there doesn't seem to be any in existence. Back in Utah, there were always sports leagues put together by the Parks and Recreation department. Are these types of leagues(the type that are open to anyone) just non-existent over here?

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
Re: Where can I play basketball in Southampton?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 01:31:34 PM »
Are these types of leagues(the type that are open to anyone) just non-existent over here?
These types of leagues exist definitely--unfortunately the exist for football- or indoor bowls..or more traditional english sports..I think you might struggle to find one for basketball :(....although most sports halls I know have basketball courts....not familiar with your area though sorry.

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 01:32:40 PM »
quick google search came up with this though..
https://sites.google.com/site/southamptondinos/

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 04:14:47 PM »
Hi, yeah I came across that too. But I looked at their "open sessions" section and it says all open sessions are canceled indefinitely. I also didn't really understand what I was looking at on that site. But I guess I could email them and ask them for more information.

Sponsored Links