Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help with application IM2A and IM2B  (Read 1604 times)

• Liked: 0
Help with application IM2A and IM2B
« on: April 27, 2003, 08:30:00 PM »
Hello, me again! Chrissy and I will be applying for our visa on Monday but there are a couple of questions on the app form that we arent 100% sure about:

"Is the Sponsor settled in the UK?"

I live in the UK and was born here, so am I settled? If I choose yes then the section below asks when I first came to the UK and when I became settled in the UK. Im thinking I should choose no.

Section C - MAINTENANCE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

This section asks Chrissy what her present employment and qualifications are and what employment she intends to have in the UK. Now the header of this section is asking about Maintenance in the UK, so can Chrissy fill this section out with her current USA job?

Another part we are unsure about is the section headed - ACCOMODATION IN THE UNITED KINGDOM - it says "Please state the address where you live if different from B1"

B1 is the sponsors address, my address. But this section is called accomodation in the united kingdom and it is asking Chrissy where she lives. She doesnt live with me yet, so what do we put?

Sorry if I havent been very clear, hope someone can help us!
Just want to be 100% sure about everything for when we pop down to CHicago on monday. Thanks!  ;D

• Fat people are hard to kidnap.
    • Flickr
Re: Help with application IM2A and IM2B
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 03:57:39 AM »
I'll help you with what I remember:

***I promise NONE of this to be right.  When we had questions, we called (312) 970-3800  (The Chicago Consulate office-- http://www.britainusa.com/chicago/) and they helped us out.

First and foremost -- here is the Guidance Leaflet that goes with the application... I recommend checking it out:  http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1018721067257

"Is the Sponsor settled in the UK?"

Yes -- you're settled.  Though I'm not sure what to tell you to put there.  My husband and I had been living in the US for a few years before we decided to move back... so we said "no" to that.

Section C - MAINTENANCE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

Yes -- put down her CURRENT job information for B9.  After that, put the info on the job she would expect to get.

ACCOMODATION IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

It's the same as B1.

========================================

Again, I promise NOTHING.  Especially since we filled it out differently (as neither of us were in the UK at the time).  I honestly recommend calling them....  I just hope when you say you're popping down to Chicago on Monday, you don't mean 28/4/03!!    Good luck!!   [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. ~Carl Sagan

Re: Help with application IM2A and IM2B
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 05:59:36 AM »
Thanks for your reply, at least we have B9 sorted out now. Still not sure about the question asking if we are settled though! If youve done it then I trust what you have put, but it just kind of seems weird. Oh, we are going to Chicago tomorrow too! We have all of the documentation that we need, just finalising the app forms has made us think about the questions some more.

Well thanks again for the advice! :)

Sponsored Links