Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: International Student but here on a FLR(M)- reporting absences to UKBA  (Read 2055 times)

• Liked: 0
Since I'm attending a UK University on FLR(M), I'm still counted as an international student (though, not for long). Is there any difference between being an international student studying on a student visa to one studying here but as the spouse of a UK citizen? I have had a couple of absences this semester (all authorized), but I can't help but feel annoyed when they say they're reporting the absences to the UKBA since I'm not here on a student visa. I mean, would I still be penalized by them?
"Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony." -Thomas Merton

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become." -Buddha

• Pajama Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
Re: International Student but here on a FLR(M)- reporting absences to UKBA
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 02:14:23 PM »
If you're on a family route visa, not turning up to class has no bearing on your status in the UK.

They can report it all they like, but nothing would come of it since you're not there on a student visa.
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

• Liked: 0
Re: International Student but here on a FLR(M)- reporting absences to UKBA
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 06:23:04 PM »
They can report it all they like

Actually they can't.  They have no mechanism to report anything to the UKBA about someone who they are not sponsoring under Tier 4.  I would advise you query these remarks (threats) with someone senior at the institution.  You have every right to find such remarks offensive and sinsiter.

Sponsored Links