Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Macbook Pro vs. Macbook Air  (Read 3041 times)

• Liked: 5
Re: Macbook Pro vs. Macbook Air
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 10:42:33 PM »
not to hijack the post but I am in a similar situation. My MacBook pro of 4 years just went out. the cost of repairing it and age doesn't make sense so I'm on the hunt for a new Mac. my question is between the 4 and 8 gig of storage. now does it really matter in the long run between the two? I mean with all the cloud services and the like that are available now...I am just trying to figure out if it is worth the cost of upgrade. 

I do watch DVDs but not a lot. I have a fair amount of ebooks and music and that's not huge by any means.

thanks
live, love, laugh

Jan 2013 - Tier 4  Student Visa
Mar 2015 - Met Him
Dec 2015 - Engaged
April 8 2016- Wedding
April 11 2016- FLR (M) -Sheffield

• British by descent
  • Liked: 3
Re: Macbook Pro vs. Macbook Air
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 10:56:36 PM »
my question is between the 4 and 8 gig of storage. now does it really matter in the long run between the two?

4 and 8GB are RAM (memory), not storage. If you're looking at the Air, your storage options are 64-256GB of space (depending on which model you get).

You'll need to examine your storage needs based on your usage. If you have a lot of files that you don't need to access on the go, you could get a 1TB or 2TB external drive pretty cheaply that would store all of that, leaving apps/music/anything else you need on the computer itself.
Moved to London February 5, 2010

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab