Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Absentee ballot...  (Read 1737 times)

• Liked: 0
  • Location: Michigan to Birmingham U.K. (via Florida & Australia)
Absentee ballot...
« on: October 06, 2004, 09:38:30 AM »
I'm just wondering how many of you (if any) have received your absentee ballots?

I sent off my request for a ballot about 3 months ago, and haven't gotten it yet.  I'm trying to figure out whether it's time to chase them up or whether I should wait a few weeks longer.  I've had massive problems with absentee voting in past elections, resulting in me being unable to vote, so I want to make sure it happens this time!

-Sara.

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
Re: Absentee ballot...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 09:48:44 AM »
Florida was delayed in sending out ballots, but I know some others here have already received theirs.
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 09:54:30 AM »

I am registered in the State of Ohio and I received mine yesterday.  I am going to the post office to mail it off this morning.  ;D

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 10:00:11 AM »
I am registered in Illinois and sent off for my ballot months ago as well and haven't received it yet.  Someone said that if we haven't received them by the 9th we should contact them and see what's up.  Well, I'm moving to Dublin on the 9th (this Saturday!) and I'm a little scared.  I probably should have contacted them earlier about the change of address, but we only decided to move a month ago and we've been frantically making arrangements and selling all of our stuff, etc, and I assumed it'd get here before October.

D'oh!
I am following my fishie la la laa because my fishie knows where to go!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 10:05:41 AM »
I got mine yesterday as well I am registered in the state of GA.  I sent it off this am too!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 10:08:32 AM »
I'm registered with Florida and received mine last week.  However, it is a "temporary" ballot - which I've gotten for every election so far and NOT received the "actual" ballot.  They say this one counts in case the State can't get their sh*t together in enough time to send out the "real" ballots.

Oh well.  It's Florida.  Who cares.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2004, 12:22:53 PM »
I got my last week. It's so freaking stupid though.

They give you the ballot and two envelopes. One envelope is the one you put the ballot in, seal and sign it to say that you are who you say you are. The second one you put the sealed envelope in and send to Phoenix.

This is where it gets stupid. The outside envelope has free postage to those shipping from the US whereas the inside envelope needs a US stamp. Both are addressed to Phoenix addresses but they are different.

Firstly, do they not realise that an overseas ballot is overseas and therefore not applicable to free postage. Secondly, I'm over-freaking-seas. Where the hell am I supposed to get a US stamp?

Duh!

I think someone from Florida thought that one up.  ;)

I've phoned up my mom and begged her to mail me a stinking stamp.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2004, 03:36:56 PM »
I'm from California and I got mine ages ago for some reason....

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2004, 03:51:14 PM »
Arnie probably put them in the post himself.   ;)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Liked: 2
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2004, 04:02:21 PM »
I'm starting to get nervous as i've had nothing from Calif.. Arnie obviously knew how I was voting.....
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

• Twitter
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2004, 12:13:13 AM »
I finally got mine today. I was beginning to worry. What now? Can I check off my vote and send it back or do I have to wait. It all seems so confusing?

Also, I have never voted before (no one slap me...I know!) so I am confused on what exactly I do on this form.

Any help or suggestions?

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2004, 01:27:20 PM »
I finally got mine today. I was beginning to worry. What now? Can I check off my vote and send it back or do I have to wait. It all seems so confusing?

Also, I have never voted before (no one slap me...I know!) so I am confused on what exactly I do on this form.

Any help or suggestions?
Check it off and send it back now-- easy Mcpeasy. :D

• Love Exile
    • stoat
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004, 04:07:40 PM »
Just got mine in yesterday's post, after giving up all hope. 
~Emily

"It is one thing to say that our feet do not know they are feet.  It is quite another thing to say that they are illusions."  --Ernest Holmes

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2004, 05:40:53 PM »
I'm from Maryland and mine arrived a couple days ago. If you haven't received yours yet, I'd definitely phone. Call the county elections office directly.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Twitter
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2004, 09:15:34 PM »
Firstly, do they not realise that an overseas ballot is overseas and therefore not applicable to free postage. Secondly, I'm over-freaking-seas. Where the hell am I supposed to get a US stamp?

Can we just send them the two envelopes inside one from here with a UK stamp?

Sponsored Links