Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Adapting to the damp cold.  (Read 6645 times)

• unabridged opinions
  • Liked: 1
Re: Adapting to the damp cold.
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 10:56:20 PM »
Wellies will definitely keep your feet dry!
Nearly five years ago, I invested in a pair of Dubarry boots (SUPER comfortable, but expensive! waterproof leather boots) and have worn them non-stop. (Seriously, this year I have worn them for the last 18 months, at least three or four times a week! And I walk a mile and back to work each day!). I love them. My feet are dry (and warm), and they are so comfy. And reasonably smart looking.

There are loads of different brands of wellies though.

I would also second the cheerful umbrella. They make you smile on those days when it feels like months since you have seen the sun!

• Liked: 0
Re: Adapting to the damp cold.
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 12:05:50 AM »
Wellies will definitely keep your feet dry!
Nearly five years ago, I invested in a pair of Dubarry boots (SUPER comfortable, but expensive! waterproof leather boots) and have worn them non-stop. (Seriously, this year I have worn them for the last 18 months, at least three or four times a week! And I walk a mile and back to work each day!). I love them. My feet are dry (and warm), and they are so comfy. And reasonably smart looking.

There are loads of different brands of wellies though.

I would also second the cheerful umbrella. They make you smile on those days when it feels like months since you have seen the sun!

Thanks for the tips.  I'll definitely look into the boots and as for the umbrella, I so agree.  I too will be walking around with one of those "cheerful umbrella's  :D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab