Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Well, it's time to go home.  (Read 2577 times)

• Liked: 0
Well, it's time to go home.
« on: December 26, 2012, 10:48:35 PM »
It's time for DH to go back to the UK again, leaving me and our new son here in the US. I'm driving him to Denver tomorrow,,,

How did you guys handle it?
I don't know if I want to cry or if I should keep my head up and hope for the best with this spouse visa,,

I keep telling DH that he shouldn't feel bad, to look ahead because he can mail me the original documents from the UK himself and we can proceed with filling out the application,

but I'm a typical hyprocrite, I can feel the depression creeping up on me and I don't want to feel like this.

I don't know how I'm gonna cope with our son by myself at night while we apply for this visa.... what am I going to do???  :\\\'(
I'll follow you, no matter where you go, what you do, just hold my hand, and lead me through. I need your guidance, I need your strength. I won't protest,, I won't complain..

Re: Well, it's time to go home.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 10:57:30 PM »
and im scared of the plane going down :\
I'll follow you, no matter where you go, what you do, just hold my hand, and lead me through. I need your guidance, I need your strength. I won't protest,, I won't complain..

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 12:35:52 AM »
I always found the first few days after he left the hardest, and then if you're busy (which I'm sure you will be with your little boy), you start to carry on. I'm sure you'll manage to keep your head up and get everything ready for your visa application, but I certainly think it's okay if there are the occasional times where you do cry - it's hard and you have to let out that emotion in some way rather than constantly let it build up.

Do you have Whatsapp on your phones? If you don't and both have smart phones, be sure to get it, as you'll not only be able to text for free but send him picture of your son - because I imagine being away from you and your son will be just as hard for him, if not even more so.

And try not to worry about the plane. He'll be fine and you'll see him again soon. Good luck with everything and know you have the support of all of us here at UKY if times get hard. :-*
I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.' Kurt Vonnegut

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 09:34:59 AM »
Awww, I can only say keep busy. That was the only way I survived and even then I found myself depressed at times. Just remember, its only temporary and you'll all be together again soon.
09/08/2011-Glyn leaves for UK
01/30/2012-Biometrics for UK spousal & dependent visas sent out w/ application same day
02/03/2012-Email from UK Consul General application needs further processing will receive decision within 10 working days.
02/09/2012-Request for more payslips and custody papers for daughter.
02/22/2012-Submit the requested documents with prayers.
02/24/2012-UK settlement visas issued :)
03/12/2012-Arrive in MAN UK :)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 02:00:14 PM »
Keep busy. Keep busy. Keep busy. Also, eat chocolate. You'll feel better soon and it helps to keep your eye on the prize. This is only temporary.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 10:12:49 AM »
It helps a lot if you try to keep busy. I find that to help a lot when I got back from seeing my DH. I also agree with the advice to try to remember that it is only temporary. :)

• Life itself is the most wonderful fairytale
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 08:22:53 AM »
I just wanted to offer support. support. I'm no where near the stage your at but can imagine how hard it must be to say goodbye - even if it is temporarily. Especially when you have just had a baby. I use Viber, a free app for smartphones that allows you to text and call for free as well as send photos. It's been a great app for Scott and I and it could help while the distance is in the way. As someone else suggested he will be missing you and your son too so daily photos could help.

I hope that the distance and visa process ends soon and allows you both to be together on a more permanent basis.

Joey
Joey & Scott
Met in person: April 2002
Lost Contact: August 2002
Reconnected: April 2010
Got Together: 20th May 2010
1st Visit: 12th September 2010
2nd Visit: 12th April 2012
3rd Visit: TBA - July-September 2013

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 01:30:34 AM »

Do you have Whatsapp on your phones? If you don't and both have smart phones, be sure to get it, as you'll not only be able to text for free but send him picture of your son - because I imagine being away from you and your son will be just as hard for him, if not even more so.

I've never used Whatsapp so I can't recommend it but Me and DF always use the app KiK Messenger. It's nice because we can see when the other person has received the message/picture. I'm usually up late so he can tell at what point of our conversation I've fallen asleep so he doesn't accidentally wake me back up  :P   It's also completely free to use.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links