Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: HSMP, now Entry Clearance?  (Read 1187 times)

• Liked: 0
HSMP, now Entry Clearance?
« on: April 30, 2003, 04:04:02 AM »
Phew, I just FedEx'd my HSMP Application which should be delivered noon Wednesday, so now I can stop stressing about filling that thing out and start stressing about the Entry Clearance. Has anyone done this combo? I'm wondering how much they're looking for if (when) I have my HSMP approval.

Can I simply send in the IM2A form, HSMP Approval, Passport, and a bank statement?

I'm moving there with my partner (He is tranferring within his company), but we're not doing the Partner Visa, so I figure I can leave that whole story out. He's actually paying for the whole move and housing and such, but I figure if there's $5,000-ish in my bank account (US), plans to sell a $10k car, plus at least $60k in equity in my house (not selling), that should cover it?

I'm sure it won't be that easy, but I'm hoping to just FedEx to the LA Embassy and be done fast. Famous last words?

thanks for any tips!
-Enzo

Re: HSMP, now Entry Clearance?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 10:49:09 PM »
Well let me just reply to myself, then. I now have my HSMP work permit and Entry Clearance Visa, so, in case it helps anyone, here's what I did for the visa:

I sent in:
-The fee ($124 + $16 postage in a money order)
-My letter from the Work Permits folks confirming HSMP
-My passport
-Two passport photos
-Complete IM2A form (you don't need IM2C for the HSMP)
-Evidence of Adequate funds/Accomodation:
 For this I sent, a current bank statement, wage slips, my auto registration and Blue-book value, 401k statement, job postings, and my C.V.

I basically wrote out a brief financial plan, stating that I estimate my cash reserves to be $X based on savings, sale of car, final paycheck, etc. and that I estimate my living expenses to be £X/month , and that current reserves will last me for a year, but I was really sure I would get a job before a month or two, etc.

So. I fedEx'd the whole mess down to the LA Consulate. They called a few days later and said everything looks great, what day do you want your visa to be good? And that was that.

Now time to move!

Oh, by the way, there are two people that answer the phone at the LA Consulate as far as I can tell. One is not very nice or helpful at all, and the other is fantastic (Scottish accent) and courteous and very pleasant to work with. If you get the mean one, just call back. This happened to both my partner and I, and we both got lots of good info when we spoke with the Scottish accent person.

Good luck.
-Eric

• Wishing I was in the UK now!
Re: HSMP, now Entry Clearance?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2003, 07:38:40 AM »
:D I am so glad I wasn't the only one!!!!!!  I have gotten that same grumpy lady at the LA consulate!  I actually had her almost hang up on me before.  I had a list of questions all written down, and called at 10am, (plenty of time b4 lunch) and she cut me off and said she had to get the other phones, and wouldn't answer my questions.

I had gotten her one other time, and she was just as grumpy, lets hope she doesn't get my paperwork when I fed ex it down there!  

Could you tell me how long it took for you to get your visa?  I am applying via mail also, but it is a fiance visa and settlement visa (for my son).  I am planning on sending it fed ex down there, and live in Oregon, so it shouldn't cost too much.  When I called they said 7days - a couple weeks.  I have heard up to 10 weeks (lets hope not).

Thanks so much!  And so sorry you had to deal with that same grumpy lady!  I also did get an american answer once as well, she was very helpful and pleasant.

Cheers,
Vonny

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab