Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Starting my hopefully not long journey being with my fiance and marrying him.  (Read 1546 times)

• Liked: 0
Hello! I am new to the forum.  I am also enduring the distance of being 7 hours behind my fiance who lives in the UK.  I am here in Florida.  It is hard and lonely at times.  I met him April of last year.  He is a wonderful man.  We will be together this year.  I will start getting the spousal visa and then settling down with him in the UK.  I hope to find much help and advice on this journey and meet many new friends who are on this journey too. 
Met my Brit on April 28, 2012

• Liked: 6
7 hours?  The time difference between Florida and the UK is 5 hours.

Well, unless you live in the Panhandle and then it's 6.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 08:25:17 PM by Anonymiss »

Nope. 7 hours. I am in Central Time Zone and he is in GMT.  I  have 2:25pm and he has 8:25 pm.  7 hours difference. 

• Liked: 6
Um, that's 6 hours difference.

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
Nope. 7 hours. I am in Central Time Zone and he is in GMT.  I  have 2:25pm and he has 8:25 pm.  7 hours difference. 

8-2=6, surely?
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Liked: 3595

It's definitely 6 hours - my aunt lives in Arkansas, which is also Central time and it's always been a 6-hour difference (except for the short period of time between daylight saving time changes as the UK and US change on different dates).

The only time zone to be 7 hours behind the UK is Mountain Time...i.e. in New Mexico, where I used to live.

Ok, yes, 6 hours then.  Thanks for the clarification.  That means I am hour closer to  him!!  ;D

• Liked: 3
And we currently aren't on GMT at the moment but BST (British Summer Time), but still a 6 hour time diff from US Central time, apart from a few weeks a year because you adjust for daylight savings in the US a week or few before we do in the UK.
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

Yes, I just realised that.  lol. BST.  But thank you for helping me tho.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab