Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Broadband Issues - who to call?  (Read 1577 times)

• Liked: 0
Broadband Issues - who to call?
« on: May 13, 2013, 04:29:28 PM »
About 4 months ago, our plasterer cut our phone wires.  About a week later, BT came out and setup a new master socket.  Ever since, our broadband has been patchy.  It's now quite slow and it drops 2-10 x a day.  I thought it might be the service/router, and so I changed services (due to change anyway as deal was running out).  No fix to the problem.

Who do I need to call to get this sorted?  Are there independent telecommunications engineers?  Would prefer not to have BT out, as its likely to be something with my internal wiring....
If you harbour bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

• Liked: 3
Re: Broadband Issues - who to call?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 02:58:25 PM »
Would still think it's BT's problem to sort out.
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

• Liked: 163
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 03:23:50 PM »
I think TM is right.  If BT set the new socket up, I'd say it's on them to fix it.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 03:25:24 PM »
Thanks - do you think I'll have any issue in that I've waiting 4 months to report a problem with the socket?

I just know that BT has a call out fee that's quite high, and if its your internal wiring, they won't do anything to fix it. and you still have to pay the fee.
If you harbour bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

• Liked: 533
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 05:58:42 PM »
What I did was to run a long cord straight from the master socket to the computer. Much better speed. Hooked it back to the wall socket and speed was way down. So it is the wiring of the house. I fixed it by just keeping the long cord running through the hall, plugged straight into the master.

It is a good way to isolate the problem.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

Sponsored Links