Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Getting married on Visa waiver  (Read 1750 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Getting married on Visa waiver
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2004, 02:11:00 PM »
Thank you Peedal.

*Sighs*  :(

We just want to be together  :\\\'( :\\\'( :\\\'(

It's even harder with us both having children on each side of the pond.  Her soon to be exhusband was hard enough of a battle to get him to agree to allow the kids to come with her.

*Lies in bed and cry's*

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2004, 02:25:00 PM »
It can work out, really.  I moved over here with my kids - granted, I didn't have any ex's to deal with, but we still had our, um, obstacles.  ::)  Sometimes it takes more time than we want to give, and sometimes things move quicker than we would like.  I've learned that in special relationships like ours, we just have to learn to go with the ebb & flow of the tide and be happy we've even found each other.  ;D
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2004, 02:27:39 PM »
Thanks for your positive reply Peedal  :)

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2004, 02:35:22 PM »
You caught me on a good day!  ;)

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2004, 07:54:47 PM »
Well thank you for all the helpful info. I have another question.
Someone mentioned about haveing sole custody of my kids.
I do not have sole custody were doing joint and they would be with me 3 months at a time. Do I have to pay seperate for there visa's for one. and 2 I would think that showing them the custody papers on what we were doing would be sufficent yes? Thank you for ur responses they have been very helpful  :)

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2004, 08:04:33 PM »
Thought of another one lol. If I move to the UK do I have to have savings or does him having a job and proving he can support me enough? ty ty ty ty ty ty agin  ;D

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2004, 08:06:26 PM »
Hello,

I obtained my child's visa in Septemper.  I was told by the UK Consulate in NYC, that I had to have "sole responsibilty or sole custody" to have my son's visa approved.  I also had to have proof(divorce papers and parenting plan) listing the child support that would be paid to me while my son and I reside in the UK.  

I am sure others may not agree with me or they may, this is just what was requested of me in Sept. 2004.  I was able to get my visa and my son's visa without a hitch.  Remember you must pay the $494.00 for each of your children.

I wish you the best of luck........

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2004, 09:09:09 PM »
Well thank you for all the helpful info. I have another question.
Someone mentioned about haveing sole custody of my kids.
I do not have sole custody were doing joint and they would be with me 3 months at a time. Do I have to pay seperate for there visa's for one. and 2 I would think that showing them the custody papers on what we were doing would be sufficent yes? Thank you for ur responses they have been very helpful :)

I think a letter from your ex would suffice if you're planning on shipping the kiddies back and forth every three months. (On a side note, how are you planning to do that?  It's gonna be expensive and the parent who does the moving usually has to pay for the plane tickets.)  If I were you, though, I would definitely call the consulate and ask what you'll need specifically.  Don't risk it and just show up with what we say or what you think might be appropriate.

You'll have to pay a fee for each person applying for a visa.  So if you have two kids, you'll pay the fee three times--once for you and once for each of them.

Thought of another one lol. If I move to the UK do I have to have savings or does him having a job and proving he can support me enough? ty ty ty ty ty ty agin ;D

Ideally, they're going to be looking at your new husband's financial status.  The best situation would be for him to be employed (with a salary sufficient to support the two of you and your children) and for him to provide an adequate place to live (not necessarily a mansion or one bedroom for each child, but reasonable).  If he's not employed, either he or you will need substantial savings (especially considering there are children involved).  If he doesn't have adequate accomodation, you'll need a letter from someone (probably his parents or close friends) saying you can live with them.

The point is that you need to prove that you have a stable, secure financial framework set up for you in the UK.  That doesn't mean being millionaires, but it does mean a decent job and a decent place to live. 

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2004, 10:42:49 PM »
My ex husband is the one that decided 3 months here and 3 there would be best. I couldnt do it because of money issues. So he will be paying for it. It will be stated in the court papers aswell.

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2004, 11:06:14 PM »
Not to be a wet blanket, but what happens once they're school age?

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2004, 11:23:48 PM »
They dont start school for a few years yet, exactly how long we want to take to go for further education.    :-\\\\

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2004, 09:25:39 AM »
Also realise that you probably won't be able to apply for dual citizenship for the children when/if the time comes you can apply for yourself, because they'll be out of the country for 6 months of each year and they won't meet the "in country" time requirements.

Just a thought.  Dual citizenship is a great thing and would be a bonus for the children.  My kids & I can apply for ours this time next year!

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2004, 01:22:19 PM »
Thanks Peedal, again useful information much appreciated!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab