Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Have you ever...  (Read 689 times)

• Liked: 0
Have you ever...
« on: October 19, 2004, 05:12:41 PM »
Since I have lived here I have lost touch with friends.  Have you ever joined or searched  on anything like classmates to find old friends.  Is it worth it or do you realise that you lsot touch for a reason. 

What about finding someone that you had loose ends with.

• If it were easy, you wouldn't appreciate it
    • Just Frances
Re: Have you ever...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 05:47:19 PM »
I know quite a few people who have used Classmates.com.  My suggestion would be to check it out before you pay (you can see who's on there, but can not email them without forking over some cash).  That way, if you don't see anyone you care to be in contact with, you don't have to waste the cash.

I hail from a small town (less than 2000) so normally when someone wants to track down an old classmate, they put in a phone call to the parents in the home town.  I know that's how some of my former classmates tracked me down in Scotland...even if you are from a larger area, if you knew the parents of a friend it can't hurt to give 'em a call!

Good luck!!

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 09:37:26 PM »
I signed on and paid for a year on classmates.com around the time of my ___th reunion; so I was more curious at the time.  I don't think it cost very much, and it is a very good resource.
You just have to hope that the person you might be looking for is on there as well, or at least start a chain, of getting in touch with someone who could give you a lead.  But I think for a year, to check it out, it's worth it.  Especially when your school itself doesn't have any kind of alumni database online.
I did track down a couple of old school chums I'd lost touch with; after a few emails, with one I realised why, with the other, it's nice to email every once in a while now.
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 07:53:06 AM »
Thanks for the advise I will have a look first.  My sister told me you can search with out paying but have to pay to send mail.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab