Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Interesting Telegraph Quiz - immigration, benefits, etc  (Read 1015 times)

• Liked: 533
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Dreaming of the move...
  • Liked: 0
Re: Interesting Telegraph Quiz - immigration, benefits, etc
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 05:30:10 AM »
The comments just prove the point, that public perception is usually quite far off from reality.  Even when faced with facts so many will argue their view to the death.   I don't live in the UK yet, and have not been for years, and I scored 60%, which I thought was good, considering lol.

• Liked: 533
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 09:59:48 AM »
The comments just prove the point, that public perception is usually quite far off from reality.  Even when faced with facts so many will argue their view to the death.   I don't live in the UK yet, and have not been for years, and I scored 60%, which I thought was good, considering lol.

I love democracy, but this reminds me of an FDR quote:

Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 01:49:07 PM »
I scored 50%, it was interesting to see what I got wrong, as after thinking about it, most of my answers were based on what the media tells me!

Sponsored Links