Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ESPN & ESPN America To End!!??  (Read 2086 times)

• Liked: 0
ESPN & ESPN America To End!!??
« on: July 18, 2013, 09:27:30 AM »
Hey guys, how are all you feeling right now, knowing that ESPN & ESPN America is to close down at the end of this month in favor of BT Sports?? I, for one, am mortified, as ESPN, particularly ESPN America, was the only place to watch US Sports!! Correct me, if I am wrong, but there will no other channel where we can watch American Sports as Sky Sports dont cover them much and BT Sports dont have any American sports in their programming schedules from what I can see on their website!!

31st of July will be a very sad day indeed for all Americans living over here!! :\\\'( :\\\'(

• Liked: 163
Re: ESPN & ESPN America To End!!??
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 10:46:57 AM »
I miss having a sports channel dedicated to American sports, but the price to get ESPN/ESPN America added to whatever TV package I've had was always too expensive.

These days I only shell out for football games via the NFL's Game Pass during the season, and get the rest of my sports news/coverage free from the internet.  If I really cared about MLB or the NBA, I'd subscribe online.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 02:19:16 PM »
OK, now my DH pushing to get our moving back to the US date from Sept 1st to Aug 1st totally makes sense.  ;)
LLR Oct 2009, ILR Nov 2011, Citizen June 2013
DH's Greencard May 2013- back in the USA Aug 2013!

• Now I'm home. :)
    • The Wordsmith Desk
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 03:02:06 PM »
Hey guys, how are all you feeling right now, knowing that ESPN & ESPN America is to close down at the end of this month in favor of BT Sports?? I, for one, am mortified, as ESPN, particularly ESPN America, was the only place to watch US Sports!! Correct me, if I am wrong, but there will no other channel where we can watch American Sports as Sky Sports dont cover them much and BT Sports dont have any American sports in their programming schedules from what I can see on their website!!

31st of July will be a very sad day indeed for all Americans living over here!! :\\\'( :\\\'(

I don't watch sports, never have. So nope, not a sad day for me, but I appreciate your sadness.  If you really enjoy sports, I can imagine it's a real kick in the teeth.
British Citizenship approval: May 2016
Ceremony: July 2016
Well, she was an American girl, raised on promises.
She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life, somewhere else.
After all it was a great big world, with lots of places to run to.
And if she had to die trying she had one little promise she was gonna keep.

Comprehensive CV/Résumé Preparation
Writing, Proofreading & Editing Services
www.thewordsmithdesk.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 04:53:03 PM »
Honestly, these days, you can stream just about anything online, if you know where to look. It's how I managed to watch every Arsenal match, the last Ashes and the WDC from the States ... and that is why I kiss the internet right on its pretty mouth every morning.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 08:40:38 PM »
I've had ESPN/ESPN America since before when it was NASN.
As far as I am aware there will still be a channel called ESPN with BT Sport 1 & 2, at least for the time being. BT Sport have bought the UK channels of ESPN and also the rights they had so I think, I may be wrong, that they will still be showing US Sport on the ESPN channel.
What I am annoyed at, as a subscriber since the days of NASN is that (as a Sky Digital customer that doesn't have BT for broadband) that they expect me to also pay a £15 connection fee in addition to the subscription, so I've decided to cancel it, and my just subscribe to MLB.tv online seeing as I can now connect up with my smart TV. ESPN had already lost the ice hockey so the only thing I'd be missing would be college football and I don't watch too much of that anyway.
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

• Liked: 3
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 08:43:05 PM »
Correct me, if I am wrong, but there will no other channel where we can watch American Sports as Sky Sports dont cover them much and BT Sports dont have any American sports in their programming schedules from what I can see on their website!!

Sky Sports show NFL, together with (last season), Channel 4 for the late Sunday game and BBC for Monday Night.
Sky Sports also showed NBA this past season.
NHL is on Premier Sports not ESPN.
So that leaves baseball and you can get the remainder of the season for about £40 on MLB.tv which is what I'll be doing http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab