Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Missing my husband  (Read 1657 times)

• Liked: 0
Missing my husband
« on: July 23, 2013, 01:36:18 PM »
I am at work right now, obsessively checking the email to see if there has been any new of my husband's visa. He left the UK on 12th June 2013 and his visa application was received in the UK on the 8th July, and we are just waiting... we have been apart before and if it was just us I wouldn't mind so much, but we have a 2-year-old son and it makes me so angry that his daddy can't be here. Under the old rules we could have just all moved together and my husband wouldn't have had to miss out on months of his son's life. My husband is working in the U.S. while he waits to come home, and he is lonely and misses us. I am here with my son and the dog and we miss him. No idea when the visa will come through, hopefully soon, but I worry that we haven't sent enough evidence and wonder if that's the case would they ask for it, pause the application, or just deny us? it's so hard not knowing when he will come home as I don't have a date to look forward to or to count down to, as I have in the past. And I worry that my son's relationship with his dad will be different the longer he is away.

Thanks for letting me vent.  :(
05/31/06 - married in the U.S.
07/08/13 - Confirmation from FedEx that USC husband's visa application (non-priority) received by Sheffield processing office.
08/6/13 - Email from Sheffield saying that package has been received and is being prepared for processing.
08/14/13 - husband paid for priority service.
08/15/13 - email from Sheffield saying application will be placed in priority queue and processed within a few days.
08/21/13 - Decision has been made email
08/23/13 - Visa arrived in mail

• Liked: 82
Re: Missing my husband
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 03:52:39 AM »
 [smiley=hug.gif]  I am so sorry you are feeling this way.  I haven't seen my DH since 17 March when I left the UK.  Hang in there. 

Apparently, if you don't meet the financial requirements they are pausing applications now.  But since this is new I don't know if they are notifying us of this results.  Applications are taking a bit longer now.  Ours was about a month and a half.  Hang in there and I hope you are all together again soon!! x

• Liked: 9
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 04:12:43 AM »
Sending hugs!
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 12:02:09 PM »
I don't really have any advice but I understand how you feel, and am sorry you're going through a tough time. It is so unfair. It feels like having no control over your situation, and not knowing what is going on. Hang in there and when it is all sorted your family will be stronger, I'm sure.
7/2000 - Emigrated USA to Canada
4/2008 - Met British partner
9/2009 - Moved to UK on Proposed CP/Fiance visa
12/2009 - Civil partnership
3/2010 - FLR(M)
2012 (? it's all a blur, but "old rules") - ILR
9/2013 - Naturalised/Right of Abode
2/2017 - Cannot leave UK until Canadian passport returned by the Home Office!

Sponsored Links