Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Baseball in London  (Read 2834 times)

• Liked: 0
Baseball in London
« on: September 02, 2013, 05:24:05 PM »
Hi All,
I play for an adult baseball team in the London area and we are currently recruiting both players and coaches of all levels of play so I thought what could be better than reaching out to my fellow ex-pats. 

I was in London for 3 years before I even realized the game was played this side of the pond, so I was quite surprised to find that not only is it played, but it’s quite well run to boot. 

Our club, based in Richmond (South West London) has been in existence for over 20 years and currently boasts a membership of approximately 60 players with an 11 member management committee.   The club has three adult baseball teams which compete in different divisions within the British Baseball Federation.  We offer a developmental team called the Dukes who play in the single-A division for players who are completely new or looking for a more social playing environment.  Our second team, the Dragons, compete in the AA South division and is designed for players who have had some exposure to baseball previously.  And our third team, the Knights, compete in the AAA South division for individuals with past exposure to competitive baseball and who are comfortable with the tactics and dynamics of the sport.

Our facilities are some of the best in the BBF.  We boast a clubhouse with full bar and grill, wifi and 2 flat panel tvs.  This past season saw the construction of a brand new backstop and dugouts and we’re in the midst of constructing a 2 bay batting cage (will be only the 2nd in the country) complete with pitching machines.  We’ve recently received a large grant which will allow us to turn our main diamond into the second best facility in the country (behind the national teams field at Farnham Park).

We have just completed our 2013 regular season (with the exception of the Dukes who just qualified for the National Championships at Farnham Park) and now have our eye on 2014.  If you’re interested in the game, either playing or coaching, and would like to get involved in a well established club check out our website or drop me an email at blaise3676@gmail.com and I’ll gladly provide more info.

newcomer link: http://www.richmondbaseball.co.uk/ [nonactive]

thanks
Adam

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab