Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Advisory: UKBA Changes to Immigration Rules October 2013  (Read 2604 times)

• Liked: 3595
Advisory: UKBA Changes to Immigration Rules October 2013
« on: September 07, 2013, 08:18:31 PM »
Hope this is posted in the right place.

UKBA have just posted about new immigration rules coming into force from 1st October 2013.

See: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2013/september/08-rules

Main changes:

Work visas

-    removing the English language requirement for intra-company transferees;
-    making it easier for graduate entrepreneurs to switch into Tier 2;
-    waiving share ownership restrictions for some senior staff; and
-    allowing some students to work as interns under the Tier 5 government authorised exchange scheme.

Visitor visas

-    Allowing tourists and business visitors to do some study where it is not the main purpose of their visit.
-    Expanding the activities a business visitor can do in the UK.
-    Removing the prospective student route.

Other changes

-    expanding checks to ensure applicants for work and student visas are genuine, and that they intend to meet the conditions of leave they apply for;
-    introducing powers to refuse Tier 4 extension applications where the applicant cannot speak English;
-    introducing a scheme which allows some locally engaged staff in Afghanistan to relocate to the UK;
-    setting new youth mobility scheme quotas for 2014;
-    enabling those who demonstrate exceptional promise in the arts to apply under Tier 1;
-    changes to the way we handle settlement applications for refugees who have committed crimes, and adding the power to curtail leave for persistent or serious offenders;
-    introducing temporary Immigration Rules so participants and personnel can come to the UK during the 2014 Commonwealth Games;
-    minor changes and clarifications to the Immigration Rules, including those relating to family life.

From 28 October there will also be changes to the way applicants for indefinite leave to remain are required to demonstrate their knowledge of the English language and of life in the UK.

• Liked: 0
Re: Advisory: UKBA Changes to Immigration Rules October 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 08:50:27 AM »

From 28 October there will also be changes to the way applicants for indefinite leave to remain are required to demonstrate their knowledge of the English language and of life in the UK.

Any ideas what the changes re: life in the uk will be?

I've read it and it isn't really clear and I can't spot the changes for the life of me
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 09:06:12 AM by Hello Panda! »
August 2008 - Tier 4 - Student Visa
February 2010 - Tier 1 - PSW
January 2012 - FLR(M)
June 2014 - ILR (finally!)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 10:48:51 AM »
Any ideas what the changes re: life in the uk will be?

I've read it and it isn't really clear and I can't spot the changes for the life of me

I just copied and pasted the news announcement from them as a heads-up for the forum.

Looking through the changes now, everything is spelled out in detail in section 7.1 (page 86 onwards of the PDF... Life in the UK/English Language changes are on page 94/95). The changes are mostly about English Language requirements and who is exempt or not exempt from taking the test.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 03:41:36 PM »
They sort of buried the information, but one of the key changes is that those on PBS visas can apply in-country to switch to PBS dependent status (say a Tier 4 who gets married to a Tier 2 and wants to switch to the Tier 2 Dependent route).

Previously, you had to leave the UK and reapply for entry clearance in this situation.

This is being implemented in response to the ruling against the Home Office in the Zhang case.

• Liked: 82
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 04:36:40 PM »
Looks like they will allow electronic bank statements to be submitted for all accounts now.  And you can use savings in a deposit account as well as a savings based investment account.

Wonder if they fixed the mistake on the appendix II???

Sponsored Links