Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: White Listed  (Read 3037 times)

• Liked: 1
White Listed
« on: October 16, 2013, 11:58:53 AM »
I have tried to sign on says I have been WHITE LISTED because of Nat West I have no accounts with Nat west I have gotten spams from them that I have not opened I am trying to change my pw with UK_YAnkee and it says smf does not accept it whats going on ?

• Liked: 24
Re: White Listed
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 03:45:12 PM »
Hi scotland09,

Our spam prevention software checks each users' IP address against a database of addresses that have been associated with reported spam and other malicious behaviour. In your case, the IP address that you are using has at some time recently had spam/phishing emails (about NatWest and other banks) sent to others from it. It may have not been you or anyone else at your home, as sometimes IP addresses can change on a daily basis, so it may have been someone else entirely. Often this is not intentional spam but caused by a virus on a device at the address.

If your ip address does not change and you continue to have problems with needing to whitelist, you should have all of your devices scanned by virus detection software. Otherwise there is nothing further to worry about.

I hope that helps.

Leah

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 11:12:04 AM »
Thanks It was grey listed then white listed when I try and sign on , it is just a pain when I try and sign on here I joined honey pot but do not know what I am doing ..

• Liked: 63
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 01:42:35 PM »
I've had this occur off and on for months. Sometimes it's just after I've commented on a forum post, signed out, and then attempt to sign back on after an hour or so. No rhyme or reason for it, and it is a pain in the patoot.
Married December 1992 (my 'old flame' whom I first met in the mid-70s)
1st move to UK - 1993 (Letter of Consent granted at British Embassy in Washington DC)
ILR - 1994 (1 year later - no fee way back then!)
Back to US in 2000
Returned to UK July 2011 (Spousal Visa/KOL endorsement)
ILR - September 2011
Application for naturalization submitted July 2014
Approval received 15-10-14; ceremony scheduled for 10 November!
Passport arrived 25 November 2014. Finally done!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab