Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Second marriage to a Brit, expired ILR, what to do!?!?  (Read 3225 times)

• Liked: 0
Second marriage to a Brit, expired ILR, what to do!?!?
« on: November 01, 2013, 09:34:30 AM »
Hi all!

I'm coming to you with a super complicated problem. I'll sum everything up as quickly as possible. I don't mind answering more questions and giving more details if it will help.

I married a Brit in 2007, lived and worked here happily until my husband abandoned me and took our home and everything and we got divorced.

I was forced to return to the states and lived and worked there over two years.

I have since started a new relationship with a friend I had while living in the UK. I came over to visit and investigate possible moving back and I got stopped at immigration and nearly denied entry because after being out of the UK over two years my ILR expired. I was granted entry on a tourist visa only.

Since I've been here I've gotten engaged to my wonderful Brit boyfriend and we would like to go to the states and get married and return here to live.

I need to know if I should go through a process to reinstate my ILR after marriage to re-enter the country or begin a new spousal visa process with my new then spouse?  ::) ::) ??? ???

• Liked: 3589
Re: Second marriage to a Brit, expired ILR, what to do!?!?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 09:46:37 AM »
I have replied to your other post: http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=81434.0

Sponsored Links