Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My unlocked Samsung works for calls and texts but NOT data... is that possible?  (Read 3007 times)

• Liked: 0
I finally got my Samsung Focus 2 unlocked and now my EE paygo sim works for calls and texts but not data. I cannot get it to work and EE have also been having a hell of a time getting the data to work. I'm starting to think that it just isn't going to happen. Considering it's a Windows phone I'm almost happy to replace it but would rather save the money.

Does this sound like the band issue? Or if voice and text work should the data work as well? Thanks

You need the internet settings from EE customer service. I had the same problem when I switched to TMobile, and a call to customer service sorted it out. You will need to make the call from a different phone, due to the technical jiggery pokery they have tp perform on your mobile. Hope this helps!

• Liked: 0
You need the internet settings from EE customer service. I had the same problem when I switched to TMobile, and a call to customer service sorted it out. You will need to make the call from a different phone, due to the technical jiggery pokery they have tp perform on your mobile. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the nudge! I googled settings for my phone, found the following link, and it works! I can't believe no one at EE could suggest that. Pathetic! I've talked to so many people! Really terrible customer service! I mean, they were happy to offer lots of suggestions and ask me lots of questions, but how hard would it have been to say "oh, you have to set up the APN." Gah!

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/chapter/595-05-how-to-set-apn-settings-for-the-ee-network#windows

Its all a bit hit and miss! I was happier with GiffGaff, which doesn't have a customer service dept per se, and who sent me a link to the APN settings when I activated their SIM card.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't defected to T Mobile but I was persuaded by an MSE offer which gave a good deal for £5 per month!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab