Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any updates from recent applicants?  (Read 153593 times)

• Liked: 8
Re: Any updates from recent applicants?
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2014, 09:21:02 PM »
FutureMrsHandy I have a good feeling for us :)
NMF921, the weekends are the worst :(
Not paying priority is the worst decision of my life! I'd been reading and seeing them come back fast and didn't think it would matter! I'd happily give up $300 to spare me this anxiety!!
Apr 2010 First visit to the UK
Oct 2010 We were married
May 05 2014 Received 1st FLR (M)
May 27, 2014 Landed in the UK
July 25,2014 Started Working
January 2nd FLR M
November 28, 2019 ILR

• Liked: 7
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2014, 10:09:23 PM »
I'm hoping so Elsa!
I completely agree with you about paying for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
May 17, 2014: Arrived in England on Fiancé Visa, July 24, 2014: Married my husband, September 19, 2014: had our wedding with friends and family, October 4, 2014: Granted first Further Leave to Remain (m)!!!

« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2014, 07:24:22 PM »
My Hubby just reminded me that UKBA will be off for Easter on Friday and Monday.
Hoping we hear something before then!
Oct 2010 We were married
January 2nd FLR M
November 28, 2019 ILR

« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2014, 07:27:32 PM »
Oh that's right! I completely blanked on that when my fiancé told me he has off from work those days aswell for the holiday.. Silly me! Should have put two and two together lol
But yes, hopefully!

May 17, 2014: Arrived in England on Fiancé Visa, July 24, 2014: Married my husband, September 19, 2014: had our wedding with friends and family, October 4, 2014: Granted first Further Leave to Remain (m)!!!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2014, 06:55:23 PM »
Hello fellow expats,

This has been the most excruciating experience of my life. Someone previously said that applying for a visa is a game of "hurry up and wait" and I could not agree more. It's very frustrating when relationships and life plans are put on hold, but the amount of money that is being paid only to be met with non-communication and a vast abyss of immigration confusion is unfair. I find it a bit archaic that I can track a purchase on Etsy, Amazon, Ebay, etc., yet there isn't even a "status pending" or "in final review" option to view while we wait for a response on our immigration status.

Furthermore, I found that the switch from the UKBA to the gov.uk site has been atrocious. My friend who does coding for websites said that she's able to see many 404 errors which means that the site master has removed information from one site, but has yet to repost it to the new URL. Aside from being obnoxious, it also set my decision back by a full week because the information printed on my application did not match the information on the site. I knew that all settlement visas from the US must be mailed to Sheffield, yet the site said, "Follow the information that prints on the first page of your application." Under my barcode it said to mail application to British Consulate General NY NY. Welp, I'm sorry I followed the rules because they did not update the site to match the changes made effective JULY 12, 2013. Really? Way to be on top of things. I am just so excited to be married in September and not have to deal with this process for another 2.5 years.

Has anyone else heard anything regarding a decision on their visa? Hang in there!

My timeline is as follows:

March 5: returned to the US
March 6: paid for & printed application; no priority processing
March 10: biometrics completed
March 11: FedEx overnights application to British Consulate NY
March 14: Consulate returns application
March 14: FedEx overnights application to Sheffield; sits at receiving center for weekend
March 17: FedEx tracking confirms delivery in Sheffield; Sheffield sends confirmation that it has been received
March 18: Sheffield e-mails to request a form that was not visible on their UKBA site; form is send via e-mail
March 20: Sheffield e-mails confirmation that my application is now ready for review
April 15: still waiting...
6 March: application completed
10 March: biometrics taken
11 March: application received by BCG NY
14 March: application returned by BCG NY
14 March: application posted via FedEx
17 March: Sheffield confirms delivery
20 March: "confirmation" email that process has begun
26 April: upgraded to priority processing
28 April: Sheffield confirms upgrade to priority
28 April: assigned to an ECO, requests more documentation
1 May: "a decision has been made" e-mail (visa approved 29 April)
2 May: visa arrives; returned to the UK

« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2014, 11:24:53 PM »
Hi NatCatCole,
Today makes 5 weeks for me. I got my "received"email on the 11th of March.

My hubby reminded me that this week is a 4 day weekend for them so hoping to hear by Thursday. Someone posted that its looking like a 6 week turnaround for those of us that didn't pay for priority.

I was wondering why it was taking so long as in Jan/Feb they seemed to be coming back in a few days/weeks time.

Fingers crossed for all of us, the first thing I do when I wake in the morning is check my email.
Oct 2010 We were married
January 2nd FLR M
November 28, 2019 ILR

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2014, 06:30:30 AM »
Furthermore, I found that the switch from the UKBA to the gov.uk site has been atrocious.

I completely agree. It appears as though all of the useful, important information has been taken down and replaced with a load of vague, confusing rubbish. I have been able to access some of the old UKBA webpages as they are still online, but they aren't easy to find and some of the most useful links are no longer accessible :(.

I am just so excited to be married in September and not have to deal with this process for another 2.5 years.

Just a reminder that if you are applying for a fiance visa to marry in the UK in September, then you will have to go through this process again in just a few months... you will need to go through it in the UK after you are married, so that you can stay for the first 2.5 years. Then you go through it for a third time to renew your visa for 2.5 more years, and a fourth time after 5 years to apply for ILR.

The 2.5-year FLR(M) visa to stay in the UK after your wedding will cost you either £602 if you apply by post, but can take up to 4 months to be processed, or £1,002 to apply in person for a same-day decision (and then the BRP visa will be mailed to you within 10 working days).

« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2014, 04:10:09 PM »
Seeing people who applied for the spouse settlement visa from the US in February and still haven't heard, I'm thinking about buying the priority service now. Has anyone bought priority after applying on the new VFS site? I know there was an issue a few months ago with people buying priority after submitting the application and their application didn't end up going in the priority pile.

Is this the correct site to buy priority? http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/user_pay_services.html [nofollow]

« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2014, 09:45:27 PM »
Ksand24, we are going to pay the arm and leg to have a same day answer in person. It's worth it to avoid this nonsense twice around!

I can't believe people from February are still waiting. What a miserable existence! I can see by the posts that it's the 6 week turnaround you mentioned. Ugh. In week 4 right now and just happy to know it's been a sufficient amount of time that it could be done next week maybe. I feel terrible for those posting who have just submitted their application in early April... hang onto your hats, it's going to be a while.

Sarahb083, I read that you can't purchase priority once you've mailed your application. It had to be purchased at the time if submission. Believe me, I would give them my bank account number and password if that were possible! TAKE IT ALL!

Praying for you all xx
6 March: application completed
10 March: biometrics taken
11 March: application received by BCG NY
14 March: application returned by BCG NY
14 March: application posted via FedEx
17 March: Sheffield confirms delivery
20 March: "confirmation" email that process has begun
26 April: upgraded to priority processing
28 April: Sheffield confirms upgrade to priority
28 April: assigned to an ECO, requests more documentation
1 May: "a decision has been made" e-mail (visa approved 29 April)
2 May: visa arrives; returned to the UK

« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2014, 09:58:02 PM »
OMG I am so frustrated ... This is now what I am hearing ....
- UK visa finished processing my paperwork and mailed out my return package ...
- UPS International picked up my package and proceeded to customs ...
- Customs could not read my return label so they contacted UPS ...
- my LOCAL US UPS made a NEW   Label and faxed it or emailed it whatever to International UPS the other day (I even have a new tracking number) and was told I should have my package no later then this Friday 04/18...
- checking the tracking this morning (04/16) and it still hasn't moved, and per my local UPS,  customs has apparently sent my package back to UK visa and international UPS has made 2 attempts to re pick up my package for delivery, back to me in the states but they can not reach anyone at UK visa to get my package ... I am now being asked for the name of someone at UK visa or a phone number so Int UPS Can arrange for another attempt to pick up my package ...

In all the boards and on all the websites I have been on to, to look for info about getting a spouse visa, I have never seen any number given ... I am seriously on the verge of a nervous breakdown ... Does anyone at all know it anything I can do to resolve this problem ????

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 12:29:59 AM by NMF921 »
03 10 2014- Online App submitted..
03 13 2014- Biometrics submitted..
03 19 2014- Expedition service paid for and Supporting documents sent out..
03 26 2014- Email that processing has started received..
04 4 2014- UPS tracking shows Pick up Scan for rtrn pkg..
04 8 2014- shipment is warehoused until released by clearing agency..
04 15 2014- New label rcvd by Int UPS, New tracking number in hand..
04 22 2014- ANOTHER new label rcvd by Int UPS, & ANOTHER new tracking # in hand..
04 28 2014- My passport is in my hands W/Spouse Visa inside

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2014, 10:57:08 PM »
Do you have an email for processing or a decision?  Email them there.  People have received responses from that email address. 

« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2014, 11:29:43 PM »
Great idea... Never even thought of that ... I have ever only received one email from them and that was the initial email stating my paperwork was received .... It does say in there "This is an automated e-mail. Please do not reply. Your reply will not be received." BUT I sent an email anyways explaining my situation and asked for any help they could provide... So now I guess I have to wait and see ...

04 22 2014- ANOTHER new label rcvd by Int UPS, & ANOTHER new tracking # in hand..

« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2014, 12:02:44 AM »
Try this email, I emailed them and got a response... VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Any updates from recent applicants?
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2014, 12:22:20 AM »
Thank you .... Will do that now ...  

Ok I Sent email briefly stating the situation & sent it off... less then 5 min later rcvd confirmation that email was rcvd and onced reviewed will be responded too within 2 business days ... I will keep you posted ... THANK YOU so much for that email address ...

I am so at my witts ends about all of this I just want to cry  ...    :-\

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 12:43:19 AM by NMF921 »

« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2014, 01:04:43 AM »
Awesome! Glad to have helped!!!(:

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab