Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any updates from recent applicants?  (Read 153665 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Any updates from recent applicants?
« Reply #645 on: August 04, 2014, 02:05:32 PM »
After thinking and reading other people's timelines, we decided to upgrade to priority. I rather know in 4 weeks than 12, plus we were cutting it close for end of September. So fingers crossed now.

Visa type: Spouse (non-priority..then priority)
Online application completed: July 7
Biometrics completed: July 11
Application packet mailed: July 15
Documents delivered by FedEx: July 17
Email confirmation from Sheffield: July 24
Upgraded to priority: Aug 1
Email confirming priority: Aug 4
Decision email received: Still waiting
Visa arrived:

• littlemoumou
« Reply #646 on: August 04, 2014, 10:16:47 PM »
Just had email to say we've been bumped up the priority queue :)
I know it's not an answer, but it's something :)
Met:4.5.10
Visa arrived in Sheffield: 23.6.14
Priority upgrade: 25.7.14
Acknowledgement email: 4.8.14
Decision made email: 12.8.14
Together:

• Liked: 18
« Reply #647 on: August 05, 2014, 12:58:34 AM »
Well, today was our MTV Day (Mailed The Visa Day  ;D), as I mailed in my priority fiance visa application to Sheffield, via FedEx just a few hours back.  Phew!

I now join the long queue of applicants waiting patiently (cough) for the results of their applications.  I won't lie and say I'm now cool as a cucumber with no anxieties about the future, but I will say I'm far, far more confident about the outcome than I would be without all the helpful, hand holding, and just plain amazing people here at UK-Yankee. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you!   [smiley=hug.gif]

Hopefully I've set up my signature line correctly, so that others can see my time line.  I've also added an avatar - a beautiful peony rose from our English garden this spring.

So, now we wait......

.....hmmmm, I wonder how long it will take for these muscles of mine to relax?  ;)
Here 2 years as of Oct. 1, 2016.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #648 on: August 05, 2014, 09:27:03 AM »
Well my Biometrics appt was July 26. John received my packet July 29. He received the last of his bank statements on Saturday and turned around and sent the packet out the same day. Packet has reached the post office box for Sheffield and is awaiting collection........please keep us in your thoughts and fingers crossed......
Online Application: July 24, 2014 Fiance-Priority
Biometrics: July 29, 2014
Packet mailed to fiance: July 29, 2014
Fiance Received Packet: July 31, 2014
* Had to wait for final bank statements for fiance.
Papers Received and Packet Mail to Sheffield: Aug 2, 2014
Sheffield Received: Aug 5, 2014
Additional Information requested: Aug 5, 2014
Decision Made Email: Aug 26, 2014
Visa Received by Mail: N/A

• Liked: 15
« Reply #649 on: August 05, 2014, 12:26:08 PM »
Ha- I just realised that the timeline I posted was completely wrong! Wrong dates completely.......this visa has sent me crazy.

Our actual correct timeline is in my signature now - with the arrival date of our application being today! Now it really is officially in Sheffields hands.
First met working on Cruise Ship - Nov 2010
Got engaged! - Feb 2013
Marriage Visit Visa APPROVED - Feb 2014
WEDDING Part 1 in the UK - June 2014
Honeymoon - July 2014
WEDDING Part 2 in the USA - July 2014
Spouse Visa Recieved:- 28/08/14
Hubby arrived in UK:- 23/09/14
Finally got his first UK credit card: 03/01/15
Got his UK driving license:- 04/08/2015
Bought a house together:- 07/08/15
Had a baby! - 11/12/16
FLR(M) received:- 26/06/17
ILR received :- 04/11/19
Applying for Citizenship Jan 2020 !

« Reply #650 on: August 05, 2014, 06:36:41 PM »
I'm curious: has anyone who submitted a priority application in the first or second week of July heard anything back yet?
Priority spouse online visa application submitted: June 26 2014
Biometrics appt & sent off application: July 8
Application & docs arrived in Sheffield: July 11
Confirmation email from Sheffield: July 15
Decision email: Aug 18
Visa received: Aug 19
Moved to UK: Aug 22 2014
FLR(M) granted at premium service centre: April 20 2017

Re:
« Reply #651 on: August 05, 2014, 08:23:52 PM »
We have, but we are kind of a special case. I'll update later when I get a chance to use the laptop.
Me: USC by parentage, UKC by birth
Hubby: UKC

« Reply #652 on: August 05, 2014, 09:02:22 PM »
It will be 1 week tomorrow morning for us.

Based on what other people are saying best case we will receive a decision August 20th, worst case August 27th and beyond.

Interesting to note at the start of this topic in February, it was taking about 2 weeks on priority so it's obviously very busy right now.

Crossing fingers for everyone else too  [smiley=deal2.gif]

Wonder when the busy period starts to subside (there must be a yearly peak), too late for us as we're all in but interesting to know nonetheless.
VAF4A Wife Settlement Visa Priority Service

Application started July 5th 2014
Submitted online July 22nd 2014
Bio appointment July 24th 2014
Posted file to Sheffield 25th July 2014
FedEx delivered notification 29th July 2014
Email confirmation application received 30th July 2014
Decision email received 20th August 2014
Visa Arrived 22nd August 2014
Flight booked to UK 23rd August 2014

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #653 on: August 05, 2014, 09:17:42 PM »
Based on the last two years being on this forum, I would say they usually start speeding up in August.   :D  in fact, I think someone just got their priority visa after 3 weeks, so it could be speeding up already.

But it changes all the time.  Just keep living life and enjoying last meals with family and friends while you are waiting. 

« Reply #654 on: August 05, 2014, 10:23:04 PM »
OK, here goes:

Visa type: Dependent child, priority, for adopted child not in either of the two main categories of adopted child, hence outside the rules. See details below.
Online application completed: July 10
Biometrics completed: Not needed (no under-5s from the US need either photos or biometrics though children from all other countries now need photos taken at a biometrics centre so this may change)
Application packet mailed: July 10
Documents delivered by FedEx: July 14
Email confirmation from Sheffield: None received.
Contacted helpline: July 16. They said they had no record of our application. They refused to believe that we had our daughter's date of birth correct, and told us that it could be up to 2 weeks before we received a notification or a timeline.
I know that others may think we are being unrealistic, but frankly if we are paying for priority (and paying a huge amount) we want to at least know that our application has arrived.
Contacted MP: July 16th. The MP helped us previously when the New York visa office gave us illegal advice when we were obtaining our son's visa.
Contacted local British consulate: July 18th. We (two parents and sibling) are British citizens and residents stranded in the US with no means of support, due to British government policies (see below, also).
Consulate confirmed that the application had been received and was being collated: July 22nd. Remember, we never got any confirmation from Sheffield.
Email from visa processing office to ask for an additional form, owing to the fact that the online form and the instructions do not relate to each other at all: July 23rd.
Returned this form to them: July 23rd, within an hour.
Contacted helpline again:  July 28th and 29th (twice on the latter date) and they again said they had no record of our application.  In particular, we wanted a timeline on the decision, which we never received. In case you didn't know, the helpline does not have access to the actual visa system, only to a (clearly incorrect) version of its output. Remember, at this point we'd already been contacted by the processing office.
Contacted MP again: August 1st - good news - the MP's office had been given a time frame for our visa to be processed (over the weekend) and a decision to be made (by August 4th).
Decision email received, and visa shipped: August 5th.
Visa arrived: FedEx say that it should be here August 7th.
Flight home booked for: August 8th

I should explain that:

1) Our daughter only needs a visa for a maximum of 6 months, hence a delay of even a month being patently ridiculous. The published timelines include a maximum of 120 days - which would mean she only needed the visa for 2 months!
2) The UK government regulations state that you cannot be on paid adoption leave while not in the UK. International law, to which the UK subscribes, says that you must go overseas to meet a child you are hoping to adopt.
In other words, you are obliged by UK law to go overseas with no income to meet your child and bring them back... and then wait for the incredibly broken system to get round to issuing your child a visa.
So it's not like a spouse visa where the sponsor can be working at their job in the UK and waiting for their spouse to get a visa.  You HAVE to be overseas and you HAVE to have no income.
3) However, both the adoption regulations and the immigration regulations require you to have sufficient income to support your child.
4) And, the Department for Education must include a request to the Home Office to confirm that a visa will be issued, before allowing a family that has met their child to take placement of the child. It should be the section of the Home Office that confirms this, that then issues the visa, or vice versa - in other words, the visa should be pre-approved.

When we adopted our older child and the visa was issued in NY they first gave us illegal advice (telling us to bring him to the UK on a visitor's visa).  They then worked out they had made a mistake and issued the visa within 5 days.

I know that a lot of people on here have confidence in the system, keep saying "oh don't worry" "oh they don't always acknowledge applications" "oh it will come eventually" but basically the system is broken.  If they can't get the right information to the helpline people, it's broken. If they can't find applications, it's broken. If they can't get the online form to match the instructions, it's really broken!

Husband works for a fairly commonly maligned government department, and he understands what is going wrong.  If they (in his department) did this, someone's guts would be had for garters as they'd be messing British citizens around.

But normally, UKVI has no incentive to fix it because the people it is messing around are not UK citizens so it is not accountable to them.

Fortunately for us, all of us (including our older child) ARE citizens and constituents of our MP who has a huge incentive to help us, and has put in a lot of hours getting people to basically do their job.

I know that the attitude tends to be "oh well, we all survived, nobody died, your relationship/child/family will be stronger for it".  But our attitude is, the UK government is supposed to be proceeding in the interests of the child - and for children adopted from other countries, they get visas issued extremely quickly.  They just aren't doing it for our children.

Rant over!
Me: USC by parentage, UKC by birth
Hubby: UKC

• Liked: 2
« Reply #655 on: August 05, 2014, 11:22:37 PM »
Hello,
This is my time-line for a Settlement/Join Unmarried Partner Visa:

Application posted                          01 July
DHL Notice of delivery to Sheffield   03 July
email notice of Application received  03 July
Decision Made email notice             30 July
DHL picked up in Leeds                  31 July
Visa arrived,  approved                   04 Aug

It was processed and approved quicker than I thought it would be.
I did pay for Priority Processing.
Cliff

• Liked: 1
« Reply #656 on: August 06, 2014, 03:29:03 AM »
A friend of mine had her priority Spouse-Settlement processed within 10 business days.  Another who had a similar situation as mine (a past entry refusal for a general visitor visa) and also had to submit some extra information had theirs processed within a month. Things seem to be speeding up slightly. But every case is different. But I am encouraged by the speed I have seen some people getting theirs processed lately. Unfortunately, it seems the non-priority are still having long delays.....some up to 12 weeks. It's difficult to tell.
Online Application: July 24, 2014 Fiance-Priority
Biometrics: July 29, 2014
Packet mailed to fiance: July 29, 2014
Fiance Received Packet: July 31, 2014
* Had to wait for final bank statements for fiance.
Papers Received and Packet Mail to Sheffield: Aug 2, 2014
Sheffield Received: Aug 5, 2014
Additional Information requested: Aug 5, 2014
Decision Made Email: Aug 26, 2014
Visa Received by Mail: N/A

• Liked: 18
« Reply #657 on: August 06, 2014, 04:19:26 AM »
A friend of mine had her priority Spouse-Settlement processed within 10 business days.  Another who had a similar situation as mine (a past entry refusal for a general visitor visa) and also had to submit some extra information had theirs processed within a month. Things seem to be speeding up slightly. But every case is different. But I am encouraged by the speed I have seen some people getting theirs processed lately. Unfortunately, it seems the non-priority are still having long delays.....some up to 12 weeks. It's difficult to tell.

That's encouraging!  I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of us that everything go smoothly and quickly.  :)

Congratulations Katiea (it's about time they got around to straightening things out for your child!) and congratulations Cliff!  :D

Here 2 years as of Oct. 1, 2016.

• Liked: 11
« Reply #658 on: August 06, 2014, 09:51:36 PM »
Why do I keep reading that people got an email to say their package has been bumped to priority. Weve not had one email to say they received our package or that they have now bumped it to priority.

Its ridiculous and so unfair since you are paying so much for a service and not getting any service for your money :(

Pregnant and hormonal!!! lol

« Reply #659 on: August 07, 2014, 11:34:22 AM »
Country applying from: USA
Type of visa applied for: Settlement Spouse (Priority)
Date application submitted (online): July 22, 2014
Date biometrics taken: July 25, 2014
Date documentation was received by UK Border Agency office: July 28, 2014
Acknowledgement email and confirmation priority processing has started: July 29, 2014
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield
Projected timeline given: none given
Date your visa was received: not yet!

Applying under Cat A, with my own home and long relationship history.

Country applying from: USA
Type of visa applied for: Settlement Spouse (Priority)
Date application submitted (online): July 22, 2014
Date biometrics taken: July 25, 2014
Date documentation was received by UK Border Agency office: July 28, 2014
Acknowledgement email and confirmation priority processing has started: July 29, 2014
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield
Projected timeline given: none given
Date your visa was received: not yet!

Sponsored Links