Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: re-kindling an old international flame? help!  (Read 2348 times)

• Liked: 0
re-kindling an old international flame? help!
« on: April 03, 2014, 05:25:07 PM »
Hi there everyone! As many of you have endured an LDR all the way through marriage or at least for a few years I felt maybe someone had some honest advice for me right now. I had posted before about dating someone abroad two years ago and well unfortunately we have not been together but we have been in touch and feel like old friends. Recently i learned he will be in the US in a few months for a weeklong work related trip and we have already discussed me visiting him during that time. Our conversation extended a few days in which we both got to a point we had expressed we still think about each other sexually. So i am left wondering could this be a possible opportunity to bring up old feelings? And discuss how we feel right now? He had pointed out that it was interesting we still thought of the other that way when we are many mjles away and it was two years ago we last saw each other. We are a bit older, different, etc and i have been applying to grad school here and in the uk - so I am getting overly hopeful as it would be perfect timing if he felt enough to want to be together, because littlr does he know i may be on his side of the pond again.

But, i need real advice, as i know how hope can sometimes be blinding and this may all just go horribly wrong and reopen an old can of hurt.

• Liked: 7
Re: re-kindling an old international flame? help!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 07:16:19 PM »
Probably not the most helpful of advice-- but just do what feels right for you at the time. 

Personally, I'd probably be a bit reserved and cautious, as you don't want to get too far ahead of yourself, and come up with all these grand schemes in that work brilliantly inside your head (probably can't help yourself getting caught up in that though!!) Maybe he hasn't yet confessed that he actually has a girlfriend...

I saw you had reposted on your old thread, and I am happy to hear that you have kept in touch-- it's definitely nice to know that (if nothing else), you have a friend on another side of the world who will always have fond memories of you.  Seems poetic somehow.  I do hope it works out for you both.  I'm smiling for you, and hope you enjoy his visit :)
2007-Short Term Student;   2010-T4;   2011-T1 PSW;   2013-FLR(M);    2015-ILR;    2016 - Citizenship (approved!)

Sponsored Links