Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: looking for area to move to in midlands  (Read 806 times)

• Liked: 0
looking for area to move to in midlands
« on: October 31, 2004, 06:37:12 PM »
Hi,
We are moving over to England  sometime after the first of the year, we are looking for information on what areas to look for a home or flat. We have a 14 yr. old daughter and a little dog. We would like to be in the midlands area so we won't be too far from my husbands sons in London, somewhere with a realistic price range. If anyone has any information on areas like Shropshire, Nottingham or areas around there it would be very helpful.
Thanks!
Linda

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
Re: looking for area to move to in midlands
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 07:25:58 PM »
The Midlands are 2-3 hours away from London.  Do you want to be that far?  Are you looking to rent or buy?
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• Liked: 0
Re: looking for area to move to in midlands
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 11:04:39 PM »
We are looking to buy, but my husband will have to go over first before us so he can find a place and job, might have to rent first. He was living up north before so a 2 hr drive to London won't seem so bad. We have been finding some places online pretty reasonable but aren't sure what the areas are like. Telford, Northampton, etc.
If anyone lives around those areas I'd be happy to hear any comments.
Thanks,
Linda

Sponsored Links